Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsFriends · 1 decade ago

I'm mad beyond words.. do I have a right to be?

we're both 16.

there was only about five minutes left in class, I was sitting down just staring into space and half listening to my friends talk. One of my guy friends sits across the room, we dont hang out but we do talk a lot sometimes during one class. Anyways, all of a sudden he and his other friend went up to me and he snapped a picture of my chest! Giggling very immaturely, they both ran back to their seats. I was furious, still am! the bell rang so I wasn't able to talk to him until the class after. He had his phone put away and I went up to him and demanded he delete it. When he noticed I was actually serious, he deleted it. I'm still mad and we were actually becoming good friends. He apologized over and over again but Im still mad.. should I just forgive him and pretend it never happened? My friend thinks I am overreacting...

im a girl btw

Favorite Answer

Yes you have a right to be. That was very immature. Forgive him though, you don't have to pretend it never happened or even be as good friends with him, but forgive him.

Yes, you have every right to be mad. It was a violation of your privacy and for him to take a picture of your chest was a very stupid and immature thing to do. As far as forgiving him, that's on you; talk to him about the issue and see where everything stands after. If this is the first time he's done something like this than it would be ok to forgive him but set your boundaries and let him know that you will not tolerate things like that, friends or no friends. Also, you might want to make sure that he didn't send the pic to anyone else.

First depends, how old is the friend?

Some kids take pictures as fun. If he had deleted it and apologized for it, it should be okay, sometimes people get hyped up and do dumb things and regret it later. You should stay friends with him, but you should also talk with him on the issue, and if it happens again and it gets you upset after you tell him about not doing it, he's not a friend to you anymore really. =/

I think you should forgive him. I mean its just a picture and he deleted. He had to have a good reason to take a picture of your chest. He also apologized and you know how guys are they are so immature. So forgive him. :)

i think you have a right to be upset. what your friend did was very childish. whether or not you forgive him is entirely up to you

do you think his apology is sincere? do you think he will do other childish things in the future that might embarrass you?

if you want to give him a chance and continue trying to be friends then forgive him. if you think he is a lost cause tell him he blew it and you don't want to talk with him any more

well yeah you should be mad....

but since he deleted it you should forgive him