Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Me asked in HealthDiet & Fitness · 1 decade ago

Cant get motivated to workout?

Cant get motivated to workout?

when i am going to the gym i get all hyped up and stuff but once i get there i see all these HUGE gym benching like 200 lbs while i am struggling with 25 lbs

i feel so weak and inferior around these guys so when i get on a machine to workout i always wait until i think no one is looking at me then i workout but to avoid the feeling of inferiority i don't go to the gym

what should i do ??????

someone might say switch to another gym where there are more beginners like me .........but i get to go to this gym for free

and i cant go really early or really late when no one is there because i am still in high school and i have hw and a curfew

HELP ME

9 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Find someone to go with you, you can spot eachother and because there are two of you, you wont get looked at. Plus remember that everyone has to start out somewhere, even the big guys. If you can't find a work out buddy, a lot of gyms give you a free personal training session, try asking at the front desk if you could book a free one on one hour. That might give you a boost and some confedence to help you work towards your goals you will be able to bench more one day but you have keep working at it. Just keep headphones on and block everyone else out, thats what I do.

• 1 decade ago

dude who cares what other people will think.

you lift what you can lift. dont be embarrased.

dont listen to the person under me about steroids.

those guys dat u say lift 200 have been lifting for quite a while now.

i used to be like you once also struggling with 25s but now i lift 185 as my work out for bench.

thats one 45 plate and one 25 plate on each side.

just have hope bro.

and if u like rap or rock or whatever,get some songs that pump you up as your working out.

if you have any more questions email me at mikeysoriano@yahoo.com

hope i helped u bro.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Most of the time everyone at the gym is so busy in what they are doing they don't notice what other people are doing around them. Just try to ignore everyone else and do your own thing. Keep at it and pretty soon you wont have to worry about what other people are thinking because you wont be lifting 25lbs weights anymore.

• 1 decade ago

if your in highschool you shouldnt be struggling with 25 pounds.

im 14 5'3 and bench 100. i weigh 118 pounds.

but dont think about them. self conciousness is bad. just do your business, take a nice hot shower and go home.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

Don't be ashamed. You'd be surprised how nice people can be in a gym. Everyone starts somewhere, including those big guys.

• dont worry

soon you'll be able to lift 200 pound weights.

for now just stick with what you can do and don't strain yourself.

those guys at one point were stuck with 25 pound weights as well, so it's no big deal being a newbie.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

----====---===----======-----==

take steroids

every one in the gym started with same power as you just keep working hard in 6 months you will be lifting what they lift dont really take drugs its bad for you

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

try to workout by doing something fun like dancing which burn alot of calories

• if ur a chick as the cutest one for help. if not still ask for help

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.