I need an introduction for my speech on why adoption is a good thing 10 points by tonight i promise!!?

ok so this introduction has to get peoples attention...it can be funny or serious it doesn't matter...ive been thinking for about two house now and i cannot think of one so please help. and for those of you who think i should do my homework myself please keep your comments to yourself because I know i should do my homework myself but i just cant think of anything and I just need help im not going to copy word for word i just need ideas...so please help! I promise i will give the best answer ten points by tonight.

Favorite Answer

Here you go...

"Imagine a childhood with no mom? Imagine a childhood with no dad? Imagine a childhood with no family at all? For over 150,000 abused and neglected children in foster care, this is a reality.

Imagine a childhood of no stable homelife? Imagine a childhood of no constant care? Imagine a childhood of complete aloneness?

Adoption from foster care can change a child's world. It is one option to offer thousands of kids a family and a different life. Kids who have nothing need something...and that something should start with a healthy family."

Source(s): Felt like helping with homework tonight

Combine these into a catch sentence. It costs taxpayers $30,000 to $100,000 per year to keep a child in foster care. It costs taxpayers only $2,400 to $7,200 per/year (in government subsidies) if a family adopts a child from foster care (through the age of 18).

Well if you are an adopted parent, you get a kid.

Other than that the actual adoption itself stems from loss, even in cases of abuse where adoption would not be necessary if abuse had not occured.

When I read the question before clicking on it I was ready to go into a minor vent as I'm ill and tired but having read the rest I'm not.

Adoption is great because a *insert cat, dog, whatever* gets a loving home.

The thing is I'm not anti adoption as there are children who should be removed from their parents I just don't like unnecessary and infant adoption.

• dogs

my son was adopted out to a lovely open adoptive family.. i see him twice a month.. these were my reasons:

i had no money

i wanted to finish school

i wanted to live in a nice home

i did not want to raise my child in a horrible environement, even if it meant with me

i wanted him to be happy and healthy

he deserved a nice warm home

i was already in a bad state

my speach would be this

adoption is good in many ways, but it's definitly not for the weak hearted people. You have to be a strong and selfless person to do such an act, to care for your own baby and not think what you want, you should think what is best for your baby, your own blood and generation. Finishing school and having a good education can prove to you and your baby that you wanted to have good life too and finish what you started and go to Uni and College to find yourself a good career earn some money and find your own home. Adoption can be open, closed or semi.. Closed is the most common as most adoptive parents chose not to have a relationship with the birthfamily and want the baby to truely feel like theirs. Open adoption is still fairly new with mostly young teen woman who would still love to stay in contact with their babies and watch them grow, while also being part of the adoptive family. Children in open adoption are one of the most loved children of them all, with both families filling the child's life with tons of love, care and devotion, and showing that birthmom/birthdad still want to be a big part in the child's life, which means a whole lot to the child. All adopted children want to know about their real birth families, and want to know their heritage and what they were like inside the tummy and what their parents are like and who they look like. Semi open adoption is the lease common of 3 adoptions. Semi open adoption is when the adoptive family and the birthfamily gather together about every 6months to once a year just so the child and the birthfamily still get to see each other.

i hope this helped as i've done a lot of research and have talked to adoptees and people who adopt out, and i have heard stories of both sides. Also talking to my license helped a lot. I know lots of kids who are in closed adoptions and all have wished their parents did what i did, open adoption.. as they have a hard time looking for their parents and their adoptive parents are having issues because they are looking for their birth family

add: it can be part of your speach, as adoption isn't always good.. there aren't many good reason to it, unless you're a teenager, most adults can care for children.. but there are various reasons behind the fact they may not want to keep the child, but it's mostly young teens who decide open adoption, if they find it.

Source(s): my son was adopted out.. i see him twice a year.. i have become very very close friends with the family :) they are coming over for Jason's first Christmas next weekend!

Adoption are good because kids without parents can live happily with another family kids deserved all this caring kids what would it like like to have nobody caring for you taking care so that is why adoption is good you said ten points so keep your promise tq.

Adoption gives children a second chance at a great life and LOVE! There are many cases where if the child would have stayed with the biological parents then they would be without food, water, shelter, and possibly LOVE.

Source(s): life

Adoption: Living a Legalized Lie, or How Did A Woman Who Never Had Kids End Up As My Mother On My Birth Certificate: Adopted, Yet Never Adapted.

Source(s): Adoptee, mother of 5

I look at our son, who happens to be adopted, and at his biological sister, born 11 months after him. I see our son, who's confident, a very happy child, and I see his sister, who's been in foster care more than once, and who's exposed to various things that I don't approve of. She's not confident, and I've never seen a picture of her smiling.

Our son will receive a college education (or whatever type of education he desires), and from statistics that the State of Arkansas puts out in a publication, adopted children commit fewer felony crimes, they're more likely to get a higher education, they're more likely to get medical care-including mental health care if needed. They're less likely to become teen parents, and they're less likely to be addicted to drugs and alcohol than non-adopted children.

Source(s): State of Arkansas pamplet given out to promote adoption.

adoption can be good for many reasons:

* the parents of the child are too young.

* if a woman was raped, she could give her baby up for adoption, instead of being reminded of the constant nightmare.

* The parents are not stable, physically, emotionally, or financially to handle a child in their lives right now.

:) that's all i could come up with at the moment. Hope this helps you!!! best of luck!!! :)