Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and the Yahoo Answers website is now in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Erin
Erin asked in Pregnancy & ParentingAdolescent · 1 decade ago

PLEASE help with christmas carol project?

Can anyone tell me the exact senteces the following words were in, in A Cristmas Carol by Charles Dickens?:

Feign

Sealing Wax

Jovial

Pang

Waistcoat

Help me please!

i DID read it...but i dont have the book with me right now.

if your not gonna help, why waste your time commenting?

• M
    Favorite Answer

Old Fezziwig laid down his pen, and looked up at the clock, which pointed to the hour of seven. He rubbed his hands; adjusted his capacious WAISTCOAT; laughed all over himself, from his shows to his organ of benevolence; and called out in a comfortable, oily, rich, fat, JOVIAL voice:

He had not gone far, when coming on towards him he beheld the portly gentleman, who had walked into his counting-house the day before, and said,' Scrooge and Marley's, I believe.' It sent a PANG across his heart to think how this old gentleman would look upon him when they met; but he knew what path lay straight before him, and he took it. Quickening his pace, and taking the old gentleman by both his hands...

(growled Scrooge, in his accustomed voice, as near as he could FEIGN it) Hallo. What do you mean by coming here at this time of day.'

It was a Turkey! He never could have stood upon his legs, that bird. He would have snapped them short off in a minute, like sticks of SEALING WAX.

dude that's the shortest of dickens books. go read it. then you'll know.

how do i know this? i happen to have this thing called a brain. which unfortunetly many humans seem to be lacking these days.

• ?

properly if it must be holiday themed...a dying christmas tree ...and then a lit up adorned tree....if no longer, then do a thunderstorm on one and a sunny day on the different. desire this facilitates :)

Why would anyone in the adolescent section know that...?

Source(s): Sorry...didn't memorize A Christmas Carol. EDIT: Well. I stand corrected. Good job person above me.

yeah, let me just pull that out from my back pocket...how about reading it yourself?