Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Would this be illegal?

Me and my boyfriend have sex regularly, and his 18th birthday is coming up. I'm only three months younger than him.. but Is it Illegal to have sex with him during those three months?

Update:

okay to the people who answered first, about the me getting "knocked up" we already have a baby. and about all this Premarital sex stuff, I'm already doing it SO OBVIOUSLY I DON'T CARE. but I live in Tennessee.

12 Answers

Relevance
  • Teekno
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

In most states, no, since the age of consent in most US states is 16.

But it depends on where you live. Anyone giving you a solid answer without knowing what state you're in doesn't know what they're talking about.

• 1 decade ago

No you are at the age of consent, it doesn't even matter. Unless your under 18 and you live in a state where the age of consent is only 18 therefore that would be illegal. But it doesn't really matter unless you report it!

• 1 decade ago

Depends on the laws of your unknown country and / or State or Province.

In "most" places it's legal, but not all.

In my State, for example - California - it is already illegal for BOTH of you, because you are currently BOTH having sex with a person under 18. California law, though, is very unusual in this matter.

Richard

• 1 decade ago

Don't have sex. You will be under age so yes, it's illegal. When you turn eighteen try to ask yourself, why would have sex with somebody you're not married to, and then plan on having sex with your husband?

Really breaks the value of sex in marriage, doesn't it?

Source(s): Me
  • How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

It depends on which State you live in.

In Washington, it would be legal. In California, it would not.

• 1 decade ago

no, but why? do u realize all the problems pre marital sex can have on a young women, besides pregnancy?

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

no its not, but if he knocks you up and your parents find out they can sue his *** and prsicute him for some type of rape or something. I was in a similar situation

• 1 decade ago

who gives a crap? even if it is, nobody is watching you or going to report you if they were

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

No, that age is close enough that it is still legal.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

technically yes but if no one reports it no

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.