blues/rock- best pickup replacement for neck position in strat? Rio Grande ?

i have a highway one strat with two single coils in the neck and middle positions. the bridge has a humbucker and they're all factory. i really wanna replace them all but its such a hard decision. i knew about the area 61s and the kinmans, but i went to a music shop in san antonio yesterday and they introduced me to Rio Grande and Lollar pickups. what you think?

Favorite Answer

I think your crazy bro, seriously. I have the same guitar you do and the pickups in it are great!!! Why would you want to modify them they're hot!!! I think you need to do some serious homework man and test out a few guitars with different single coils. I've tried out several of them and they simply can't relate to what alnico 3's can produce. Maybe you should check out the Fender website and watch the video introducing the latest Highway 1 series before making that decision, then decide. The guitar has great features worth paying attention to. If your still hung up on changing the pickups, my only advice is try to go with the Fender samarium cobolt (SCN) series pickups which are noiseless and found on their U.S.A. deluxe series strats.

Also try Fender's vintage noiseless or any custom shop alnico pickups they offer. They get pricey but they're worth it.

Source(s): Guitar player