Are white people the most attractive race?

the .t waist to hip ratio, is found attractive by European cultures and it is found universally attractive

long thick hair is universally considered attractive along with lighter skin

In most culture, light skin is the standard of beauty

examples - India, Japan, Nigeria, Mexico

Interestingly enough tan skin is considered attractive in American culture

Update:

i mean 0.7 waist to hip ratio

33 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Best Answer

Every culture has a different idea of beauty although whites have tried to standardize it. Well, considering that they were the ones traveling extensively colonizing all countries (in pre-internet era, lol !!! ), their word was taken as true...and they conveniently established themselves as gods.

But even their own idea of beauty has changed over a period of time.

These days, the standardized concept is being challenged by all right thinking people of all races.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Interesting!

But I don't agree. Having information like that is all very well and good, but it doesn't account for individual preference at all, and what you've described as the physical characteristics of "white people" in your information isn't, in my experience, correct. The waist to hip ratio varies enormously throughout the world, as does the thickness of the hair and the shade of the skin.

Saying that one race is more attractive than another is a ridiculous notion.

• ?
    Lv 4
    4 years ago

Mell I am sure you are really beautiful, men in general go for looks first then look for the person behind the looks second. Most men don't care about the colour of the skin of there potential girlfriends and if its only black men that are coming on to you, possibly its the places you are meeting them more than the men themselves. Ja.

• 1 decade ago

Well, they are definitely the most hyped. And for those that say latinas are attractive. Remember that is not a race, most Miss Universe winners that were 'latinas' had mostly white features with little indigenous or nothing at all. So it does seem that at least in the western world white is seen as the most beautiful race.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Western culture is the biggest culture in the world, i think white people are considered attractive because of this influence more than the scientific theories.

if you don't get what i mean, i'm meaning how western culture is often viewed as wealthy, glamorous, healthy, fun, etc, all those things that people get a false identity of being cool, right and most of all, attractive.

My thoughts anyway.

EDIT: I don't think the majority of people commenting on this post actually understand what you are asking, you are asking this on a cultural perspective am i right? so people stop with the silly answers of "beauty is within" its not what the question is and not the right strand of answer.

• PX
    Lv 4
    1 decade ago

Beauty is relative. Not only to the individual and culture, but also the times. The concept of beauty varies. That's a pretty thickheaded question.

• 1 decade ago

What? There is beauty in all races. Often times those who are most attractive are determined by the individual. More then likely this ratio you speak of was invented and polled by those of European background.

• 1 decade ago

That would depend on YOUR opinion. Nobody can tell you what the most attractive race is because we all perceive what we see depending on our culture, upbringing, skin color and personal opinion. it is tue though, that in some cultures white skin is considered almost holy, because it seems clean and we connct clean to pure and pure to angelic.

• 5 years ago

the only thing attractive about them is there skin only

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

It seems that way with all this micheal jackson straighting his hair ALL THE TIME,i doubt that was even his hair, having caucasion rhinoplasty, and having his cough "disease" cough

than sammy sosa, with his obssesion with light contact lenses, and geling his hair when his hair's kinky what;s the point of that? and his by accident "skin rejouvantion" cough cough rightt

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.