• Pets >
  • Dogs
  • Pets >
  • Dogs

Dog has milk in her nipples how long until she gives birth?

• Follow publicly
  • Follow privately
  • Unfollow
OK no negative answers I bred my shih tzu she is perfect to have puppy's we were going to have her spayed but our vet said with her coloring is perfect and that she should have ...show more
Best Answer
my females drip milk for 2 to 3 days before going into labor...my pomchi mixed squirted milk everytime she would sit down from her bottom teats the day before going into labor...i would get a xray done to see how many pups to expect and how big they are...

Source:

• 0
    0
  • Comment

Other Answers (10)

• Relevance
  • Rating
  • Oldest
  • Newest
  • V is for Vengeance answered 5 years ago
    Usually when you pinch the nipples and milk comes out she is getting closer to the end of her pregnancy probably around 2 weeks. You should also count from the time of the mating, that will give you a good idea of which day your dog will give birth. You should speak to you vet about preparing for the puppies... you should get an ultrasound to make sure all the puppies are the right size and will be easy for her to deliver naturally. Just be prepared for a mess... its a stinky job taking care of puppies. I foster pregnant dogs all the time from the humane society and you never know what could go wrong with them... GOOD LUCK. GET READY FOR PUPPIES!
    • 1
      1
    • Comment
  • KHAAAAN! answered 5 years ago
    Hm. I find it strange that your vet actually encouraged you to breed, champion lines or not. If both parent dogs are actually proven showring champions as well as the stud she was bred to and she's of show quality then there's really no "ethical" or "negative" foul here other than not fully knowing what you're doing :P.

I think once the ***** starts producing milk it's only a matter of days. Why don't you want to call the breeder? Did you sign a no breeding contract? If you did you may not be able to legally register your puppies. If that's the case then make sure you whip up similar contracts for those who buy puppies from you or use the puppy deposits to pay to have the puppies spayed and neutered before you send them to their new homes. Please respect breeding contracts.

If you didn't and your breeder was okay with you having breeding rights then get ahold of them. I'm sure they'd rather answer your questions than have you fumbling around in the dark in unfamiliar territory. If they didn't make you sign a "no breeding" contract when they sold you a high-quality dog then they must have been okay with you breeding. In this case, I highly recommend you contact the breeder and get as much information as you can!
    • 1
      3
    • Comment
  • xoily answered 5 years ago
    i bred my chihuahua twice and each time her milk came in within the 24-48 hours the pups were there. have fun. but if you need contact the breeder, im sure they would answer questions or even your vet
    • 1
      0
    • Comment
  • ♱lɹıƃıɥɔ answered 5 years ago
    They do not get actual milk until a few days after the pups are born!
    Usually, Colostrum comes in a week before to right before the pups are born.

& no your breed mentor will not think you are weird.
    • 1
      1
    • Comment
  • TK answered 5 years ago
    It isn't precise: a day or two, maybe. Some don't look full until after the colostrum is gone and the next stage of milk comes in.
    • 1
      2
    • Comment
  • mtwaites answered 5 years ago
    It would be best to contact the breeder or the vet, as they will be able to tell you best of what is going on.
    • 0
      1
    • Comment
  • TD magnet answered 5 years ago
    No, it wouldn't be weird.
    Call the breeder or your vet.
    • 2
      0
    • Comment
  • 3 answers hidden
  • glory answered 5 years ago
    i would think within a day or so, every dog is different but is close to her time.
    • 0
      1
    • Comment
  • Jacque answered 5 years ago
    Very soo, I guess. Make sure you have everything she needs ready.
    • 1
      1
    • Comment
  • Dog has milk in her nipples how long until she gives birth?
    OK no negative answers I bred my shih tzu she is perfect to have puppy's we were going to have her spayed but our vet said with her coloring is perfect and that she should have puppy's her parents are also champions and so is the the male dog that we bred withs parents

Ok well the person who we got the male dog from raises puppies to and they said that they could always tell when the dog was going to give birth cause they got milk in there nipples but does anyone know how long after they get milk they will give birth? i don't want to call the breeder cause that would be weird
    Sign In 

to add your answer

• Robert answered 5 years ago
    very soon.
    • 0
      1
    • Comment

Who is following this question?

%
    BEST ANSWERS
    Member Since:
    Points: Points: Level
    Total Answers:
    Points this week:
    Follow

Unfollow

Block

Unblock