Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Arts & HumanitiesPhilosophy · 1 decade ago

The true meaning of jihad is?

1

The true meaning of jihad is

A) drive toward spiritual and religious perfection

B) kill the infidels

C) formation of the military

D) pilgrimage to Mecca

2.

What is the basis for the Muslim religious practice?

a) pilgrimage

b) charitable contributions

c) the Five Pillars

d) confessions of faith

3.

To what is the initial spread of Islam attributed

A) the sharia

B) the Five Pillars

C) religious, political, economic, and military goals were allied

D) overcoming the infidels

4.

Contributions to the West attributed to Islam were

A) hospitals

B) algebra

C) Greek manuscripts

D) all of the above

5.

Dominant themes in Islamic poetry include

A) peace and love of Allah

B) politics of power

C) strongly erotic love

D) everyday events

Best Answer

This almost sounds like the "Manifest Destiny" doctrine.

I don't think Muslims are the ones that need the word Jihad explaining too brother, we are well aware. But thanks for the effort anyway... Walikum Salaam. EDIT Hold on a second there... ''This is dedicated to everyone not only muslims. And you are telling me shouldn't I make the iman of the people strong? some women don't wear hijab and now I dont tell them about it? you are just saying the way like it. I want to clear out this mess of terrorrist and jihad etc and inshallah allah (swt) will guide me through it'' I did not tell you any such thing. Where did I say you '' And you are telling me shouldn't I make the iman of the people strong? ''? No where so please dont go putting words in my mouth. All I meant was perhaps another section with less Muslims would be a better place to post it as it is mostly Muslims here and we already know, I never said ''shouldnt'' anything... As for ''some women don't wear hijab and now I dont tell them about it? you are just saying the way like it.'' I have no idea what you are talking about. What am I ''just saying the way like it''? It makes no sense. Also I did thank you for your effort and recognized the time you put into it. If my saying that ''I don't think Muslims are the ones that need the word Jihad explaining too brother'' needed more explaining to you and you did not read between the lines I meant go tell it in sections with plenty of non Muslims then I am sorry it was lost on you but that does not give you the right to put your own interpretation of what I said and twist it into something that I never even romotly suggested at all. Next time please just ask me to clarify what I mean in my answer if you dont understand it. Walikum Salaam.

3 B

4 B

5 A

Source(s): Muslim