Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Arts & HumanitiesBooks & Authors · 1 decade ago

the story the spectacless?

im reading the edgar alan poe story and i cannot find what these things mean

"ah! non guinge uman pensiero"

"Al contento ond 'io son piena"

"sul mio sasso"

"Monsieur Simpson vill pardonne me for not compose de butefulle tong of his contree so vell as might. It is only de late dat i am arrive, and not yet ave do opportunite for to-- l'etudier."

"Vid dis apologie for the maniere, I vill now dat, helas!- Monsieur Simpson ave guess but de too true. Need i say de more? Helas! Am I not ready speak de too moshe?

like half of it is in english and the other half is in like french or something?

Favorite Answer

• Al! non giunge uman pensiero = Italian. Translation: Ah! no human thought arrives

• Al contento ond 'io son piena = Italian. Translation: I'm full of waves of content

• Monsieur Simpson vill pardonne me for not compose de butefulle tong of his contree so vell as might. It is only de late dat i am arrive, and not yet ave do opportunite for to-- l'etudier. = English and French

Translation: Poe was trying to write French. Poe might be trying to describe the accent of a French person. For example: writing "vill" instead of "will". Another example is writing " ave" instead of "have". The entire sentence is not in French. The sentence is written in both English and French.The only French words in the sentence are:

"compound" = adjective, studied expression

"contree" = region, land

" l'etudier" = to study, examine

"arrive" = arrive

• Vid dis apologie for the maniere, I vill now dat, helas!- Monsieur Simpson ave guess but de too true. Need i say de more? Helas! Am I not ready speak de too moshe? = English and French

Translation: The sentence is also written in both English and French. The only French words in the sentence are:

"maniere" = manners

"helas" = alas!