Can a landlord evict over false allegations about dog? Sorry a bit long?

We have lived in our apartment for almost 2 years and our dog has always been with us. We paid our pet deposits, pay our monthly fees and we've even brought our dog to the front office. The first year we had no issues. During the summer our A/C broke and because it wasn't taken care of properly we filed a... show more We have lived in our apartment for almost 2 years and our dog has always been with us. We paid our pet deposits, pay our monthly fees and we've even brought our dog to the front office. The first year we had no issues. During the summer our A/C broke and because it wasn't taken care of properly we filed a letter with them as it states in the tenants rights. Our neighbor, the maintenance man, took this personally evidently because ever since then we have had constant complaints about our dog. The first complaint we recieved was that she was aggressive and that we didn't use a lease. If our dog was aggressive we wouldn't have her anywhere near our one year old, we certainly can't afford the liability of an aggressive dog since both my husband and I are in college and we brought her to the front office! As for the leash issue, that was ridiculous because she would run off. We discussed this with the office and that was that. Later the maintenance man got a dog on a weekend and we noticed a lot of fecal matter in the area we normally take our dog. That Monday we recieved a fine for $50.00 because we weren't picking up after our dog, which is something we've always done. They actually said they had witnesses that my husband didn't pick up after her but the time they gave was during his shift at work so they dropped the fine. They told us to contact them anytime we saw dog poo in the yard or we'd get the blame because we're the only one's in the area with a dog but all of our neighbors have dogs! When we mentioned this they first called us liars but then realized we were actually telling the truth and dropped it. After repeated phone calls because our neighbor, the maintenance man, does not clean up after his dog and does not put his dog on the leash they've pretty much started ignoring us. There's constantly dog poo in the front yard and stray animals wandering. This week we've recieved another notice stating that our dog is still acting aggressivly and that if we don't fix it within 10 days they'll start eviction processes but they refuse to speak with us about this issue. My husband went to the front office and they wouldn't specify what was meant by aggressive and they also refused to let him speak with the manager. Today the manager has just started her vacation. When we recieved the first mention of our dog being aggressive we trained her to stop barking at people and we also stopped taking her outside except for once during the day before school lets out and before our neighbors get home so we don't have any issues. I really am at a loss. What else can we do to appease them? On top of all of this our maintenance man neighbor has broken quite a few of the lease rules and regulations such as the pet policy, he has a car with 2 year old tags as well as a flat tire, loud music at all hours of the night, etc. To be honest he's intimidating and I'm afraid of him. We partially have our dog for protection. This man has keys to my apartment. I don't want to have to get rid of her. Is there anything I can legally do? Can we get out of our lease without penatly if they want us to get rid of our dog? I feel like we're being harrassed and I really don't and haven't felt safe here for a long time. I could really use some help! Thanks!