Opnion on Chevy Equinox 2010?

I am looking for an honest opinion on Chevy Equinox 2010. I have Honda CR-V/2007, 45000 miles on it with excellent condition. I am planning for trade in my Honda CR-V with Chevy Equinox 2010. Is it going to be wise idea? One side is foreign auto with more reliability and other side is equinox, first time buyer from GM.

• Jeff S
    Favorite Answer

Reliability gap is a myth. Reliability is based more on owner usage than manufacturer engineering. Our family has owned plenty of GM's and plenty of Toyota's and that's the conclusion I've come to. My dad is a mechanic and I can hold my own in the world of automobiles. And we both have no problems owning GM vehicles, and recommend them when appropriate.

Most people who continue to play the "reliability card" have either been burned by an American car in the past and haven't even given them a chance ever since, or have never even owned or driven an American car. If you give them a chance, you will be surprised. I have a bunch of good college buddies who prior to meeting were very anti-American when it came to cars. I just asked them to give them a chance, and now some of them are current GM or Ford owners, though none of them embraced Chrysler.lol (but then again, even I draw the line at Chrysler)

As for Equinox, it's won great reviews from every single automotive publication. It's gotten great feedback from customers and even non-customers. Every aspect of the vehicle is on par and in many cases much more developed and refined than anything out of Toyota or Honda. It's the little things that help to put it above the competition, things like superior fuel economy than anything in its segment (32mpg, just last year 4 cylinder CUV's were getting 25mpg tops), active noise cancellation, and of course OnStar. These are all features you CANNOT get in any other CUV, except the GMC Terrain.

I'm not going to guarantee you'll like the Equinox more than a Honda CRV or Toyota Rav 4, but I think you should at least give it (or the GMC Terrain) a chance, you might be surprised with what you see.

Source(s): Been working on cars since I was 5 years old. Have been following the auto industry trouble very closely, and I like what I see out of the New GM.
  • Susan

I recently got a new 2010 Equinox, and let me tell you. That thing is amazing. It's like you can't even hear it when you're inside the car, and it drives great.

I agree with the mechanic. The Chevy Equinox may seem like a good value at first but it is just like the majority of the other American cars. It looks the same. It feels the same. They all break down in the first couple of years! So stick with your Honda!

If you haven't driven one, do so. Awesome vehicle, I think. If I were in the market right now, I'd have one in a minute.

The powertrain isn't brand new, and that's good news for you. It's one of GM's strongest points and the most critical for durability.

The truth? I will never trade the honda not only reliable but it will hold higher value at the end.

Source(s): 30 year mechanic