Kelly asked in Family & RelationshipsFamily · 1 decade ago

How can I get the judge to hear me in custody court when I say my child's father is a chronic alcoholic?

Hes been to treatment 3xs. My child is 6 yrs old. Hes trying to display Im the unfit parent in court. He is taking me back to court to try and get full custody of our daughter.

5 Answers

  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

    Video in a public place (i.e. the bar) Since it's public there will be no privacy laws broken.

    If the Child is 6 she may be able to testify but be careful because 6 year olds are non discriminating.

    Subpoena the beer store clerk for testimony. If he's a chronic drinker the clerk will definitely know him.

    Has he been arrested for domestic violence or driving under the influence, public intoxication. Thats all public record.

  • 1 decade ago

    There are psychological evaluations which can help the Court determine a parent's character and ability to raise a child. They can also determine if a person has an addictive personality, or displays alcoholic thinking. Both parents have to take the evaluation if one of them requests it.

    There are also drug tests for alcohol, witnesses who may be willing to testify that your ex drinks, and the severity of his problem

  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

    A picture is worth a 1000 words. Just saying that the man is a chronic alcoholic is mere hear-say and will have no value in court. If you have pictures of him in a visibly drunken state, take over time then the judge may wish to hear what you have to say. It is about evidence. Do you have any evidence to back up your words. If not, you are out of luck.

  • 1 decade ago

    the same thing happen to my friend. he dad was trying to take her. he mom got all the bottles that he would drink take pic of it. and show it to the judge. and tell her what he acts like what he does when he drinks. if ur daughter can talk see if she will tell her what is going on.

  • How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

    I WOULD GET A LAWYER if you can, if you hubby wants help to stay stopped get in touch as i am sober in AA YEARS .for you go to web page of AL- ANON, FAMILY'S OF ALCOHOLIC, it affects the whole family his drinking. lots of love

    Source(s): sober alcoholic
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.