Life insurance when is the payout after a death?

We had a death in the family almost 3 weeks ago. We have an arrangement to pay for the funeral services within 30 days. It won't be long until that comes along. All documents and death certificate and everything was turned into western southern life 2 weeks ago the agent said she would turn it in and the check... show more We had a death in the family almost 3 weeks ago. We have an arrangement to pay for the funeral services within 30 days. It won't be long until that comes along. All documents and death certificate and everything was turned into western southern life 2 weeks ago the agent said she would turn it in and the check would be mailed out.
Does anyone know how long this company takes?
Right now my family and I are trying to figure out a way to pay off the funeral home in the next 2 weeks almost 9 grand. I called the agent before noon today and she was out.
Anyway if you been through this how long does it take? I am just worried to death about getting the services taken care of and that isn't right we should not be worried about that right now.