Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Is jesus really jewish?

Cause i heard he was born in Eithopia, so i dont really think he's that jewish...

Inform me!

4 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Lets see: He was Born in Bethlehem Israel, attended Temple on a regular basis and taught there, was noticed by the Jewish Sanhedrin and Pharisees. His birth was questioned by Rome and the Jewish Leaders being in the Lineage of David on both sides of Mary and Joseph's family tree. Last time i checked a map, Bethlehem is in Judea not Ethiopia. Mary and Joseph hid out in Egypt in Northern Africa, until Herod died. Race was not viewed the same then as it is now.

Source(s): Books: Nubian Ethnographies by Fernea The First Christmas by Frank O Muncaster
  • 1 decade ago

Jesus was Jewish, no matter where he was born, he had to be in order to be the messiah (or mistaken for such, or whatever). Everyone in his time including himself obviously thought he was Jewish, so he must have been. Furthermore, what else would he be? And if he were anything else, why would he convert only Jews?

• jaicee
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago

Since way back BCE there has been a huge Jewish community in Ethiopia, formerly known as Assyria. So, even if he were born there, he could still be Jewish, and perhaps black as well.

• 1 decade ago

You were ill-informed.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.