Anonymous
Anonymous asked in SportsBoxing · 1 decade ago

To all you Amri Khan fans?

Your question should be when is Khan going to fight Prescott you know the guy who knocked him out? I have not heard any of you demanding a rematch . If he has gotten so much better and now that he has freddie Roach in his corner. Why are you all not demanding a rematch ? I'm waiting.

Favorite Answer

I think he should have a rematch to get it all behind him, if it is to ever happen now is the time. Khan is a light-welter now, and Prescott is still a lightweight. To be honest, i think Khan would dominate Breidis in a rematch, Khan has improved a lot since the loss and doesn't get caught with stupid shots anymore, whereas Prescott got dominated on the Khan-Salita under card against Kevin Mitchell, who just moved up in weight.

Khan is going forwards while Prescott is going backwards, and i think the momentum would work in Amir's favour.

P.S - I'm not really a Khan fan.

Hey look, I like Amir Khan, but I think he has not yet proven anything regarding his glass chin. Until he faces someone in the top 10 Jr Welterweights that actually has some knockout power, I am not confident that he can withstand Prescott's hard punches as I've seen in their fight. Once I see Khan beat someone with punching power, then I believe he should have a rematch with Prescott and beat him.

Amir Khan is an excellent boxer. He has lightning fast speed with enough power to hurt anyone. He also has good all around workgame that has been enhanced by Freddie Roach. The only problem, and that's a BIG problem, is his chin. Until he shows us that he can defend his chin, I cannot consider him as an elite Jr Welterweight or Welterweight.

Freddy Roach may have enhanced Amir Khan's overall fighting capabilities, but one thing he cannot improve in him is his suspect chin that is something that he cannot change or teach him. He is what he is, his defense therefore will be paramount in his quest to gain the recognition he craves. But like you said if he thinks he has gotten over the defeat against Prescott why not prove it? By stepping in the ring and putting the ghost to rest, i mean let's face Kevin Mitchell showed him how it should be done!

Prescott has lost his last 2 fights, he got lucky against Khan if they fought again Khan would humiliate Prescott

Because Amir khan is going to up weight.. Khan will fight Hatton on Pacquiao Vs Mayweather March 13

Read Pacquiao Vs Mayweather updates:

He can defeat Prescott if they'll fight again.

You know, this is just like some people talking Pacquiao was KOed twice

although that was long ago (young, inexperienced).