- 1 decade agoBest Answer
1. a person or thing that represents another or others.
2. an agent or deputy: a legal representative.
3. a person who represents a constituency or community in a legislative body, esp. a member of the U.S. House of Representatives or a lower house in certain state legislatures.
4. a typical example or specimen of a group, quality, or kind.
5. serving to represent; representing.
6. standing or acting for another or others.
7. made up of representatives: a representative assembly.
8. of or pertaining to a system of governance by chosen representatives, usually elected from among a large group: representative government.
9. exemplifying a group or kind; typical: a representative selection of Elizabethan plays.
10. corresponding to or replacing some other species or the like, as in a different locality.
11. of, pertaining to, or characteristic of representationalism.
12. pertaining to or of the nature of a mental image or representation.
- GggLv 41 decade ago
a.[(+of)] 1. 代表性的,典型的 This case is representative of the attitudes of the police. 這個事例典型地反映了警方的態度。 2. 代表的,代理的;議會制的 representative government 代議政體 3. 描寫的;表現的;表示的
n.[C] 1. 典型,代表物 The tiger is a common representative of the cat family. 虎是一種普通的貓科動物。 2. 代表,代理人 She is the club's representative at the convention. 她是該俱樂部派來參加會議的代表。 3. 【美】(通常大寫)眾議院議員;州議員
形變: more representative; most representative