Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Computers & InternetSoftware · 1 decade ago

Does someone know enough about 3ds Max to help me out?

I am currently using 3ds max 2010. I am trying to make houses with a house blueprint and AEC Extended Wall tools. I need to know if there is a way to keep the wall constrained to one direction while I am dragging it. I want there to be a straight line across or down which are perfectly parallel from each other. Is there a shortcut? Is there a setting I need to change?

Favorite Answer

I dont think there is. the only solutio I could think of for you is to draw a spline and copy it, then when you use the wall click keyboard entry and pick spline, a wall is drawn along teh spline, point being that when you copy the spline it will be parallel to the original spline.

• L.E.

I thought the same thing when I started, but then I realized that there are easier programs.

I think "Google Sketch Up" is an easy program for architecture, it's easy fast.

There is free version available: http://sketchup.google.com/

Hope this helped!!!