Pink Floyd fans: why do you like pretentious bands like PF (plz read the details of the question)?
1. Used gadgets such as lasers in their live shows, to compensate for their natural music ability.
2. Used sounds like cash registers, helicopters, classroom children, dogs, ticking clocks etc into songs when they are just really irritating; for the same reason.
3. Sold DSOTM shirts to kids who think it's cool, and i dont know one kid who owns that shirt and knows a single song of that album. Weird? Kinda like the Beatles, commercial whores.
4. Made a movie about themselves, pretentious as hell. They were just commercial hogwashes, who cared about making more money than actually having passion for their music, or having integrity.
5. Wrote self-indulgent music about themselves, exploited Syd Barrett's condition to the max to keep themselves afloat ("Shine on you crazy diamond", "Wish you were Here").
6. Built a wall on stage during The Wall concert tour