it is a must for a mam (muslim) to do salah in jama'ah in masjid? ramadan?

Salam Alalikum

i heard a story about blind man who visit Rasul SAW and asked did he get rukhsah (exception) not do jamaah because he was a blind man, his home was far, and the road is full of vicious animals.

first Rasul said it is Okay,

but then Rasul asked : did you heard Adzan?

The blind said yes

and Rasul said it is a must to do jamaah.

I admit i rarely go to masjid,

and I wanna change it

anyway most Indonesian it is not compulsory, but just recommended. because it is only a hadith not stated in Quran.

anyway

Thanks

Wassalam alaikum

5 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Best Answer

Salaam

for a man it is Waib/Fard, unless the Mosque is very far from home and cannot go, or have a disability that prevents them from leaving the home.

62:9. "O you who believe (Muslims)! When the call is proclaimed for the Salat (prayer) on the day of Friday (Jumu'ah prayer), come to the remembrance of Allah [Jumu'ah religious talk (Khutbah) and Salat (prayer)] and leave off business (and every other thing), that is better for you if you did but know!"

whta do ya know! its in the Quran...

Source(s): =)
  • 1 decade ago

Bismilah

Dear Brother.

In various verses of Qur'an we are commanded to prostrate and bow down with those who bow down, that clearly indicate to offer salah in congregation Or Jamaat in Masjid Or Mosque.

Let's read what Qur'an says.

In Sura Fatikha, It reads,

1:5 You alone we worship; You alone we ask for help.

In the verse the "We" also indicate to worship in congregation Or Jama'ah.

3:43 "O Mary, you shall submit to your Lord, and prostrate and bow down with those who bow down."

3:113 They are not all the same; among the followers of the scripture, there are those who are righteous. They recite GOD's revelations through the night, and they fall prostrate.

Hope that helps to understand the wisdom hidden in the verses. :)

• to tell you the truth, if ypou can go pray and you have the ability to go to juma'a, it'll be better for you to go and pray juma'a at the masjid and get hasanat as the Angels on your shoulder write down the good deeds of u praying there.

:)

Source(s): life
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

A man is MEANT to pray Jammah, if he doesn't he gets sin.

Don't follow traditions of what your people or country do...(let alone indonesia...theyre not very pious in deen) you are meant to follow Allah swt & what Muhammad(as) said.

Shaytaan doesn't want a man to pray Jammah so he makes us lazy

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • M S
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

if you can go [near] and, you are in good health, go

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.