Pink Floyd fans: why do you like PF, even though they are so pretentious (plz read details of the question)?

Bacon3!
Make sure you dont end up like Syd Barrett.
Update: Pretentious things Pink Floyd has done: 10. Stanly Kubrik: Alledgedly Stanly Kubrik originally wanted to used parts of the album Atom Heart Mother as the soundtrack to A Clockwork Orange but they refused. And they allowed Another Brick in the Wall Part II to be played in that movie about aliens starring Elijah... show more Pretentious things Pink Floyd has done:

10. Stanly Kubrik: Alledgedly Stanly Kubrik originally wanted to used parts of the album Atom Heart Mother as the soundtrack to A Clockwork Orange but they refused. And they allowed Another Brick in the Wall Part II to be played in that movie about aliens starring Elijah Wood and Josh Hartnett.

9. Using Gadgets such as lasers in their live shows.

8. Basing an entire album around George Orwell's Animal Farm (Album: "Animals")

7. Momentary Lapse of Reason: This album was made in 1993 when they stopped pretending that they were still a proper band and started catering to their original audience who had all grown up into middle aged new-age music listening yuppies.

6. This Lyric: "Tell me true tell me why was Jesus crucified?/Was it for this my daddy died?"

5. Several Species of Small Furry Animals Gathered Together in a Cave and Grooving with a Pict

4. Shine on you crazy diamonds Parts I-IX: I actually kind of like Shine on You Crazy Diamonds in spite of it being a sprawling twenty minute exercise in self indulgence. What I can't forgive is their decision to split the song into nine parts. Let's face it, it's just one song.

3. Adding sounds like cash registers, helicopters, classroom children, dogs, ticking clocks etc into songs when they are just really irritating.

2. The Wall - The Movie

1. Building a wall on stage during The Wall concert tour