RCA 4-line phone, help with transfering to external numbers?

Our work office just purchased the RCA Model 25425 phone system. I had added numbers to the 1-16 directory and I can transfer calls perfectly to another station within the office. However, when I try to transfer a call to a cell phone or another external number through the numbers I put in the directory it either a) hangs up one of the lines, or b) keeps the initial line (my line) on the call as well and the other two people cannot hear one another. Any help would be appreciated as I have looked through the manual several times. Thanks.

Yeah I was trying to do that but no matter what I couldn't seem to get it to hang up my line while leaving the other two communicating with one another

• joe r
    Favorite Answer

i do not see any information in the manual that indicates transferring the call to an outside line is an option...

if it is an option, that is not documented in the manual, then transferring a call to an outside line would require the use of 2 lines out of the 4 lines... 1 for the call that you are transferring, and 1 for the number that you are transferring the call to... it would basically just conference the two calls together...