Why would Mexican parents trust their kids to human smugglers & 165 illegals arrested your thoughts?

WICHITA, Kan. (AP) — A federal indictment in Kansas charges a Mexican man with transporting illegal immigrants, including children as young as 2 years old who were traveling alone.

Santos Tomas Ochoa-Bello faces one count each of unlawful transportation of illegal immigrants and unlawful re-entry into the United States after being deported.

The charges stem from a Nov. 24 stop by the Kansas Highway Patrol of a minivan driven by Ochoa-Bello after a traffic infraction in Barton County.

Prosecutors say half of the van's 12 passengers were children — including a hungry 2-year-old girl — traveling without their parents or legal guardians.

http://www.fox4kc.com/news/sns-ap-ks--immigration-...

HUNTINGTON BEACH -- Huntington Beach police have placed 165 suspected illegal immigrants on Immigration and Customs Enforcement hold this year after they were arrested for various crimes, according to an annual police report released today.

The holds are part of an ICE program that partners with local law enforcement agencies to identify and detain suspected criminal illegal immigrants. According to the program, officers booking arrestees at Huntington Beach jail ask them where they were born as part of a questionnaire that also asks for information such as name and date of birth.

About 60 of those arrests this year were for driving under the influence, 36 were for drug sales, transport or possession, and 19 were burglaries or thefts. Three of the arrests were for rape, one for kidnapping, and eight for false or forged identification, according to the report.

About 150 of the arrestees were from Mexico, five from Guatemala, and two each from El Salvador and Peru. Arrestees were also from Honduras, Venezuela, Columbia, and the Bahamas.

The report said 150 were men and 15 were women.

Offense for original arrest:

59: DUI

36: Drug Sales, transport, or possession

19: Burglary or theft

14: Outstanding warrants

11: Assault and/or battery

8: False or forged identification

4: Receiving stolen property

4: Disorderly conduct

3: Rape

2 each for auto theft and obstruct/resisting peace officer

1 each for kidnapping, stalking and felony vandalism

http://www.ocregister.com/news/arrestees-223045-be...

8 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

as a formerly deployed soldier and a former immigration officer, i will tell you that i've seen living conditions that i would never want to put my children in.

i could see someone feeling like it was their only option to save their children from starvation, persecution, child labor, etc. etc.

If this were truly the case in Mexico ,why do they still have children if already they know in advance our new child will face starvation, persecution, child labor, etc. etc, so lets go ahead and have kids anyway

,that just defies human logic and would it not be morally wrong to have kids , they know will face starvation, persecution, child labor, etc. etc ? Mexicans cannot keep thinking we can do whatever we want and shall we have any problems off to America, let it be their problem. No parent in their right mind sends a child of 2 years old off with a human smuggler, no excuse for it and one or both of the parents should have gone along.You cannot keep attaching better life to every problem Mexicans have. At some point they must be held accountable and responsible for their actions.What do you see in Mexico, they do not do anything to the parents who send off their kids with smugglers, no child endangerment,child neglect. But this every time there is a problem, just bring up the better life defense and it's all suppose to be excused and forgiven. Something is wrong in Mexico, if they keep having kids knowing they have a bleak future,where are the Churches at in all this ?

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • Anonymous
    4 years ago

The citizenship of the children follows the mother. If the mother is a Mexican Citizen, the children are Mexican Citizens. ======================= Per this comment.... They have the choice, but the parents dream was for them to get a free education and a better life, so they stay either with other family or at foster homes. Stop the ICE raids!!!!! It is morally incorrect and plain cruel. --------------------------------------... The educational process is not free.. it has never been free, and it won't ever be free. It is very expensive, and what you want us to do is educate the children of Mexican Citizens at great cost and sacrafice. You don't even offer to try and pay for it.. you just lay the cost on the American People. THAT is morally reprehensiable. It is stealing. Further, you plan to provide them with a better life by stealing a job from an American and don't give us the garbage about taking jobs Americans don't want. You should be ashamed. You should go home and make your own country worth living in and not invade and trash the United States with threats and ugly comments of racism.

• 1 decade ago

as a formerly deployed soldier and a former immigration officer, i will tell you that i've seen living conditions that i would never want to put my children in.

i could see someone feeling like it was their only option to save their children from starvation, persecution, child labor, etc. etc.

what usually happens is an uncle or aunt says "i know someone going, they can take her for you", and they trust their children to that uncle/aunt, and it usually is someone they don't really know, just know does this for a living. the parents are usually clueless to the potential hazards.

i don't know if i'd do it. but honestly if i lived like some of these people have to live, i don't know what i'd do.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

That's terrible. It makes you wonder how bad things must be in Central and South America if parents are willing to subject their children to these risks.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Pfo
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

They take a chance that their kids will end up safe in America, and believe it or not that's most likely a better life for them.

• Suze
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago

You have shown just how Illegals say THANK YOU, America!

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

because they need those kids to get free subsidies that's all. if the kids make it they hit the jack pot .in the mean time they have a few born here so they can use those as human shields. its really not hard to figure the objective. pathetic

• 1 decade ago

They don't raise children - they just breed. They use them as anchor babies all the time. And if they can't make money from them then they will probably sell them to a predator.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.