Who is sad that As the World Turns is coming to an end?

In September of 2010, The World will stop turning.

That is on CBS at 2:00pm eastern. I just heard As the World Turns is gonna get cancelled next september. Who is going to miss it?

Also, I sure hope this isn't a trend CBS is pulling because my favorite soap is Young & the Restless.

Favorite Answer

It's very sad for me. I remember watching ATWT with my late Grandmother. I am still adjusting to losing The Guiding Light earlier this year. It's a very sad trend, in my opinion. More talk shows, game and reality shows to take their place. After watching for so many years, you really become attached to the actors and the characters on these shows. It's a nice escape from the day to day, and I will miss it very much.

I will be very saddened once the world stops turning. I have watched since the mid 80's. I could see it coming though. They haven't been using the vet actors very much (but Dr. Bob was on today) and the show isn't the same without Lucinda and Lisa. Some of the story lines have been a bit ridiculous lately. I hope James Stenbeck gets to come back before September and yes I know he's really dead this time, or is he?

• MAK

I have been watching the soap since the early 80's I feel bad not only because of ATWT but because of all the soaps.....I think it is only a matter of time and they will all be gone....I watch all the soaps and Y&R is and always has been my favorite....but the writing is sucking big time.....I would think the writers would get a wake up call with the recent cancelling of GL and now ATWT....or maybe they just don't care......I use to watch other soaps that were cancelled...Love Of Life, Edge Of Night, Ryan's Hope, Another World, Port Charles, to name a few......now we only have AMC, OLTL, GH, Days, Y&R, B&B......they are getting picked off one by one.....I am going to continue to enjoy them while I can.

+

I am.. I just started watching in June this year -years back I used to watch 'Another World', as well- watching this is like a return back to watching them, but after this goes I don't know..I just read a New York Times article about the show -gee, they are living in the past, because the way they phrased the article was just so sexist -they implied that only women watch soap operas, and that most of the younger ones are watching game or talks shows..(LOL)

I can't believe it!! I've been watching ATWT since I was probably too young to be watching soap operas! I mean how many lives did James Stenbeck have?! lol I will be enjoying the time we have left with our Oakdale friends! I also have my fingers crossed that B&B doesn't meet this same fate....

Yeah I will miss Barbara, Lucinda, Margo, Tom, Andy, Lily, the Snyders, Emily, Ben, Camille, Lisa, Susan, Hughes, Carly, ... and other familiar faces I have seen every noon during weekdays.

Wow... anyway... move on....

Yes, I am terribly sad.

Now, all the fans of Y&R and B&B are wondering if they will be the next to be axed.

Things are not looking very good for the genre as a whole.

I'm very upset. I only started watching a few months ago and now that I'm officially hooked it's getting cancelled!

sorry for the fans who followed for years...sorry but Ithe world was turning to fast for me, i couldn't keep up...but sorry :-))) if dayas was to get the boot i would be sad too. but y7r can...though my mother would cry!!!LOL

Me, I've always loved CarJack.