Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentMilitary · 1 decade ago

Question about Marine Corps Service.?

I have heard conflicting reports about army and marine pay, bonuses etc. What is the truth is it equal or what? Also if i join marines, my ultimate goal would be special operations can i go in to army SF or AF para-rescue?

Update:

im not doing it for money im making more money now anyway. Im doing it cause i want to serve, i just want to know the truth before i get into it.

8 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

It's the same in every branch

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 4 years ago

The Marine Corps is a sub component of the Navy. It per-se isn't a service. The Coast Guard is the most versatile service. They protect the navy when in port, keep open our waterways, save peoples lives, perform law enforcement duties around the world, protect the environment, and have a budget that makes the USMC look like it has more money than they know what to do with. I guess I didn't answer your question. Oh, I served in the Army. I worked either in Special Forces for the National Security Agency. The US Marine Corps has a camaraderie that you will not find but in the more elite forces of the US Army. However, that doesn't compare with the Coast Guard. The Naval Academy at Annapolis is for both Naval and Marine Corps Officer. All you need is a good GPA and a political appointment. On the Coast Guard Academy, you have to meet the very tough academic standards. Your accepted like any other college. Not because you know someone. The Coast Guard goes to work in weather that would ground any Airforce in the world and goes to see when most of the navy would be in port. Why is there no better brance of service than the USMC, because the Marines are not a branch, but Naval Infantry to the Navy. They have a much higher standard than the army, but the US Army has to come to there rescue since they are not set up for long term combat.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Pay and benefits are EXACTLY the same for each branch and component.

Bonuses are offered to select positions based on hard to fill or hard to train MOSs. These change on an almost daily basis. You could even have the exact same job in one branch getting a $30K bonus while they get nothing in another.

We don't just hand bonuses out just because we think you are a great guy.

If you join the USMC you can't go Army or USAF special operations...for obvious reasons, while still serving in the USMC.

Source(s): Me, just left recruiting duty
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

first off, don't do it for the money, because if you aren't willing to die for your country and comrades, then the money isn't going to be any compensation. Thats a stupid reason and when recruiters ask you why you are joining, you had better not say, a stable job or a sure source of pay. ANDDD, Para-rescue is probably the hardest SpecOps group to get into. You can't plan on doing anything SpecOps because of its immense difficulty. The money is definitely not worth it either. So maybe you should sort out your priorities and then really think about joining.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

Contrary to rumors, Pay is the same based on rank and TIS for all branches, as is the special pay (Hazard, Separation, Combat, etc...)

There are bonuses for hard to fill jobs based on manning requirements at the time of your enlistment. Once you enlist in a branch of the military you will typically be locked into that branch until your enlistment period is up.

• 1 decade ago

bud if you want to be a Marine, be a Marine. If you want to be a Soldier, be a Soldier, and so on and so forth. You cannot join a Army or Air Force unit from the Marine Corps. You can go Recon though in the Marines.

• Forget about bonuses if you join the Marines. If you're doing it for the money, you're doing it for all the wrong reasons.

• 1 decade ago

its alllllllllll about the money$$$$$$$$

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.