Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentElections · 1 decade ago

Concerning the Gitmo "5". How many folks actually think this trial will be heard in NYC.?

At No time in our History has a Non US citizen been afforded the rights of Trial as protected under

our laws. At no time in our History has an Attorney General taken this act of case placement unto

himself. At no time in our History, has a terrorist, been arrested, in a foreign land, and transported

outside of that jurisdiction to the United States for Trial. Just these few procedure steps are enough

to get this case kicked. This trial if it ever becomes active, will not be held in NYC. Jury selection

will not be possible, Jury selection, will take months, Possibly resulting in case dismissed. Venue

change at the very least. Who would the Jury of their peers be, Think about this, Other terrorist,

either domestic or foreign, This is not as simple as it appears to be on the surface, Holder has

made a horrible decision here, Backed by his fearless leader the inept one.

Let me qualify one point, when I say no one has been arrested and brought here for trial from a

foreign land, Means that No one whom was not on US soil at the time of the crime and fled the

jurisdiciton has ever been brought to the US for adjudication.

Somehow the king of all trolls has been

unhandcuffed, from his med cart, Or it

possibly took him a whole 20 minutes

to unleash this useless foolish rant.

Troll are you still spitting and drooling when you try to speak, or have they

cut down the dosage on your prozac.

Troll please say that Little Texas moe,

and Angry fairy, arent instigating this

rant of yours, I know u all share the same

cell.

Troll I just checked with my Communications officer, He says if your

DOC number does not show up on your

trace out, Your in violation of Dept of

Corrections usage of computers, Are

you using a illegal one, Do we have to

have a shakedown search Troll.

Favorite Answer

The defense will ask for a change of venue but it is almost a certainty that the trial will be held in NYC. I am confident that evidence exists upon which to convict these individuals. I am also confident in the District Attorney of Manhattan's ability to convict.

What strikes me in all of this debate on where the trial will be held is the political posturing - conservatives want a military trial outside the U.S. and progressives want him tried in the U.S.

Here is an example:

Rudy Giuliani told reporters about the 2006 civilian trial of "20th hijacker": "I was in awe of our system. It does demonstrate that we can give people a fair trial, that we are exactly what we say we are. We are a nation of law. ... I think he's going to be a symbol of American justice."

Here's what Rudy Giuliani says today:

Former New York Mayor Rudy Giuliani commented that he felt the decision to try terror suspects in New York: "seems to be an overconcern with the rights of terrorists and a lack of concern for the rights of the public."

The crime was committed in this country and he will be tried where it occurred. I have faith in the US criminal justice system.

The link below lists the pros and cons of a trial in the U.S.

• ?

Well, New Yorkers sure do not want it there. I can't understand what is the matter with Holder.. why does he think the suffering people of New York want the murderers there.

Take them to Washington... this is just some stupid power play on Holder and Obama's part.

Kind of makes you sick.. it is like they want to rub New Yorkers face in the tragedy... why?

I trust JakeCigar. Bodega is utilized by us Latin/Hispanic humans to consult any nook deli/comfort retailer. It's no longer restrained to simply precise places in New York, however anyplace you can uncover Hispanics residing within the town.

simple answer, the obama factor! the attorney general serves at the pleasure of the president of the united states of america. he hasn't got anything else right and he ain't gonna start now.

I DO it is a power thing for Holder.~!