Why get a motorcycle?

Make a list of reasons to get a motorcycle.

And, why the hell does it take points away to ask a question?

Favorite Answer

1. Why not get a motorcycle?

2. Insurance might not be all that much cheaper, but the feeling of the wind moving over you as you cruise down the road will be worth it.

3. Motorcycles do get great gas mileage, and the newer ones are getting even better mileage with each new incarnation.

4. Fun way to get around town, and you get checked out by people that think you are cool for riding a motorcycle.

5. Parking is easy. Ever try to park a 3/4 ton pick-up truck downtown? Just pull up to an empy spot at the curb and back up until your tire touches the curb and you are done with lots of space for your friends to park their bikes in the same parking space.

6. Toy runs for kids. When was the last time you saw a hundred or more Ford Taurus' going down the road filled with stuffed animals other toys to be given to Toys For Tots?

7. Road trips!! A sportbike is not as well suited for cross country touring (I used my Ducati 900 SS/CR for that purpose) as a Honda Goldwing or Harley Road King. Taking to the open road with a destination in mind is a great way to experience "...life beyond the Dairy Queen.".

8. Prices of good motorcycles are better than most cars sold today. Motorcycles hold their value fairly well which helps when you decide to sell one to buy another.

9. Bike/brand specific clothing. How many people have you seen walking around wearing a leather motorcycle jacket that have never ridden a bike? Buy a bike and the jacket and actually be cool, not just a pretender.

10. Fun, glorious fun! Take your new bike out for a spin in the country and experience sights and smells that the car filters away from you. Experience life with a new purpose of being.

Source(s): Mrs. Davis of Mart High School in Mart, TX for making me realize that there really is "life beyond the Dairy Queen". Aerostitch.com Harley-Davidson.com

It's not a surprise that when gas prices spike during the warmer months, so do motorcycle sales. And while it's true that some motorcycles do get .Riding a motorcycle will make you a Better Man because you get that adventurous side back in you. I think a lot of people struggle within their marriage or .If you're a beginner motorcycle rider looking for an identity, we're here to tell you . The allure of the standard is that riders get sport bike power with cruiserlike .....Motorcycle Spares Parts suppliers

MPG

Car tops 30

Bike Min 35-75

Fun

The pure fact of being part of the mc community

im 18 and have my class m license and i love riding i have a klr 650 not very fast but when your getting 55mpg and can go down dirt roads like nothing why do you need speed

There are many reasons to get into motorcycles, There is only one to remain doing it.

Love of riding.

Yes they are reasonable economical to ride but when you factor in things like maintenance.

Its not in fact cheap enough to justify if your primary goal is reducing cost. A better solution would be better planing for use of the car.

I ride because I love it. If I wanted to save money I would walk, or take the bus.

It's about freedom. It's about having the wind in your face and smelling the scents of the land. It's about kinship. Try walking up to someone who drives the same car as you, and getting them to trade tales of the adventures you had with your car. Good luck. It's being surrounded by tons of steel cages and knowing that if I drop my guard, make one simple mistake I could die. I don't march to the beat of a different drummer I AM a different drummer. That's why I ride.

Source(s): 08 Triumph Bonneville Black

For some people motorcycles are their passion so for completing this passion i suggest you to go for Suzuki Motorcycle, i suggest you to visit suzuki idia website to know more.

The main reason (I'm not going to make a list), is for the love of riding. If you love to ride you're not going to care about all the other reasons. They're trivial if you really love to ride.

1. Wind in the face.

2. Titts in the back.

3. To make people think twice about cluttering up Answers with impertinent questions.

1.Gas Consumption

2.Economical

3.Usually Inexpensive

4.Usually cheaper Insurance

5.Speed

And it takes away points because you are using the service, when ur contributing you get points

You can get through traffic easily, cheaper to ru (my GN250) and you park virtually anywhere ;)