What is the story behind the Origin of Sikhism? I mean why did Sikhism come into existence?

Update: Sikh aspirant, I really respect your thoughts. I know every religion or Panth is prepared on some principles and morals. So I too agree that Sikhism did not only come into existence only for protecting Hindus. Guru Nanak also wanted to bring some changes in bad practices of that time in Hinduism. As worshiping... show more Sikh aspirant, I really respect your thoughts. I know every religion or Panth is prepared on some principles and morals. So I too agree that Sikhism did not only come into existence only for protecting Hindus. Guru Nanak also wanted to bring some changes in bad practices of that time in Hinduism. As worshiping idols in Bheda Buddhi. But it doesn't mean that idol-worshiping is wrong. The way people doing idol worshiping was wrong. That is why Kabeer and Nanak didn't have any problem with Meera and Tulsi who were also idolators but of different type. Nanak was more than a Guru. He had a very insightful approach in Vedic and Laukik literature of Hinduism. The way he put Sankhya and Adwait in Guru Granth Sahib in its more intrinsic and genuine form is very admirable. Along with Adwait, he also used the words like Rama and Krishna, That denotes the real Sakara Bhakti. Later people made its different meanings and try to alienate these two religions.
Update 2: Guru Govind Singh from Sikhism wrote in his poem against Muslims, “Jagai Dharma Hindu, Sabhi Bhanda Bhajai (May Hinduism wake up and May all pimps run away)” So Hindus should also stop telling Buddhist and Sikhs as a part of Hinduism. Nor they should try to prove themselves ancestor. I think we should say that we... show more Guru Govind Singh from Sikhism wrote in his poem against Muslims, “Jagai Dharma Hindu, Sabhi Bhanda Bhajai (May Hinduism wake up and May all pimps run away)”
So Hindus should also stop telling Buddhist and Sikhs as a part of Hinduism. Nor they should try to prove themselves ancestor.
I think we should say that we are from Dharmic religion whose source is the Vedas and Vedic culture. Hindus, Sikhs, Buddhist etc. are siblings who are directly or indirectly related to Arya tradition.
Update 3: I don't think that Sikhism is a Panth or sect. It is a religion because it has a large number followers like Buddhism that makes it a religion not sect.But I do admit that it is from Dharmic family, not from Abrahmic family. I saw the pics of Lakshmi, Ganesh and Kali at the homes of many Jains and Sikhs. So... show more I don't think that Sikhism is a Panth or sect. It is a religion because it has a large number followers like Buddhism that makes it a religion not sect.But I do admit that it is from Dharmic family, not from Abrahmic family. I saw the pics of Lakshmi, Ganesh and Kali at the homes of many Jains and Sikhs. So these religions have some connection. Moreover the Vedas are the source of all Dharmic religions. It is not right to say that the Vedas are the private property of Hindus. Like other Dharmic religions, Hinduism also borrows from the Vedas and the Sanksrit. But we don't hesitate to say that we are Vedic like other Dharmic religions.
Sikh aspirant, think of the time, when Nanak started this religion. There will be a few sikhs and at that time it was a sect. Gugu Gobind singh himself used the word Hindu many times. Because bringing Chetana in Hindus was a prime motto of him.