Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthMental Health · 1 decade ago

I'm a big Pussy. How can I learn to be a man without joining the military?

I'm a shy 35 year old man whose never had a girlfriend and is afraid of confrontation. I'm big and strong from working out but a wimp inside and terrified to stand up for myself and tell people what I think. I've worked sissy office jobs my whole life and thought maybe if I joined the military it would toughen me up and teach me to be a real man, but I'm too old and don't want to be in my 40s by the time I get out. I have no mechanical skills and I'm horrible at math, which means I can't join the trades or construction field. I feel completely hopeless and don't want to live my life alone anymore working these sissy jobs and getting drunk by myself at night. Any suggestions?

Favorite Answer

Do not fret BobJones, inside all of us lies one big pussy :-) We all have our issues, your just man enough to confront them and put them out there. I don't think being horrible at math should stop you from doing trade jobs if that's what you want to pursue. There's a lot of resources that can help you out with that and you could enroll in a basics math class at a community college to sharpen your math skills. Maybe putting yourself in uncomfortable situations would be the best way to help you become the extrovert you'd like to be. For a start, try some online dating, they seem to have unusally high success rates these days. Also, counseling really helps as well. Look for resources within your community, theres places that help people look for jobs that suit them and make them happy. Best of luck :) I'm sure once you get yourself out there, the ladies will be flocking to you and you'll find yourself in a happy occupation

Perhaps your trouble is in how you define manhood. If you wish to be more assertive try with smaller "battles" first, like sending food back you don't like. It sounds silly, but many people don't have the confidence to ask for what they paid for. Work your way up but telling a friend about something they do that bothers you. Ask a girl out on a date. Even if she rejects you, you will find that you survived, even if it stung emotionally. You may surprise yourself with how joyful victories can be, even if it is something trivial like getting your steak the way you want it. (Real men eat steak.)

• ?

Ask if you can do a ride along with the local police or lifesaving crew.

pull your pants up put on a belt make sure ur feet are firm on the ground and your hand shake is strong :)

Source(s): just being silly

Accept who you are and learn that solitude is a beautiful gift - no one to hold you back