Why didn't Nordstrom call me back to let me know If I got the job?

I applied online and got an email requesting a phone interview. After that the lady from HR asked me in for an interview. It went well and later that day the department manager for BP called me and asked for an interview with her. We talked and she asked me questions and then she showed me around the department and asked me to put together an outfit for her. After that she gave me her card and said she would call me by the end of the weekend, Monday the latest. Today is Monday night and I still didn't get a call. Tomorrow morning is training at 9am, the last training until 2010...Should I assume that I didn't get the job or do I still have a chance?

Best Answer

The only person who gets a call is the person hired. Those that lose out are left to wonder. I've never felt this was fair but that's the way its done. If I were you I'd call tomorrow and ask anyway.

I would assume that you did not get the job. They only call the person that they hire, especially at a store of that size.

That's not totally true

Usually if they don't call, it means they're not interested. Some employers don't exactly look forward to calling someone to tell them they didn't get the job.

Need more details