Willy wonka vs. charlie and the chocolate factory?

i am doing a paper on willy wonka vs charlie. its a compare and contrasting paper and i need ideas on how there simular and how there different. and if you know theres a few good quotes that would be great to....thanks

Favorite Answer

They are both great movies that remain true to the darker moralistic roots of the traditional fairytale. The main difference between the two is where the main character focus lies. The original movie stays closer to the rags to riches element of the story and so focuses on Charlie the poor boy done good as the main character, carrying a strong message of virtue earned through deprivation and thus the evils of wealth. Tim Burton's later reworking of the tale has a much more modern outlook and concentrates on the personality of Willy Wonka much more than the original film, taking into account psychoanalytic themes such as Wonka's overbearing father complex. This film is much more concerned not with the difference between the rich and poor, but with how childhood experiences mold our future and how vast wealth can lead to our living in an unrealistic bubble that could burst at any time. Johnny Depp's obvious parody of Micheal Jackson in Burton's film is no coincidence and I can imagine Depp's Wonka coming to a similarly tragic end, but I cannot imagine Gene Wilder's Wonka suffering the same fate. His Wonka existed in a childhood world where the authority of the adult remains complete and death is a faraway mystery.

That is my opinion anyway. The titles of the film are converse to the focus of the story, the original Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory concentrates on Charlie and can be largely regarded as a moralistic tale for children whereas the later Charlie and the Chocolate Factory concerns itself more with the life of Willy Wonka and attempts a more postmodern appraisal of the western human condition.

how cool that you get to write about these two movies. I wish I could write a fun paper like that. Well, I like both movies so i can't tell you which is better. I love the willy wonka because its classic and the man that plays wonka is amazing. I like charlie and the chocolate factory because I am a huge Johnny Depp fan. well they are different in the way that the songs are different, i think that in wonka the willy doesnt have that many hallucianations like in charlie. thats all i can think of

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

Source(s): willy wonka charlie chocolate factory: https://biturl.im/OSXSz

well will wonka is clasic and has been around for about 40 years. Charlie and the chocolate factory is new and is fun but not as old as willy wonka. They are the same because they both have lots and lots of chocolate.

I prefer the original WILLIE WONKA AND THE CHOCOLATE FACTORY!! I WASN'T TOO IMPRESSED WITH THAT CHARLIE MOVIE!! I prefer Gene Wilder to Johnny Depp

Willy is a classic

Charlie is just creepy

willllllllly wonka

charlie kinda creeped me out.