john asked in SportsCycling · 1 decade ago

has anybody competed in cross country mountain bike races? I have a few questions about xc mountain biking?

1.where have you competed

2.what bike have you used

3.are there such races where you can win prize money

4.if your really good can you get sponsored and make a lot of money

5.is there cross country mtb racing on the east coast

thanks a lot everyone

3 Answers

Relevance
  • MtBikr
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago
    Best Answer

1.where have you competed

In the S.E. local and regional series races.

2.what bike have you used

Current ride 2009 Giant Anthem X0

3.are there such races where you can win prize money

Depends on the class, Cat1 (Pro/Expert) get cash/check and prizes, the rest of us race for prizes and some gift certificates.

4.if your really good can you get sponsored and make a lot of money

Yes, if you are really good you can get a sponsor, for making money you need to go Pro.

5.is there cross country mtb racing on the east coast

You can find races here:

https://www.usacycling.org/events/index.php?race=M...

or check with your local bike shop for other local events.

• ?
    Lv 4
    3 years ago

I journey a recumbent on the line for commuter & option transportation. in case you will journey off pavement then a mountain motorcycle is the direction you could desire to pass while you're to purchase basically one motorcycle. there is likewise who're you driving with while you're driving in a collection or as a collection activity. A mountain motorcycle on pavement would be slower or harder to maintain up with a 'highway' motorcycle. The mountain motorcycle has a sprint greater comfortable physique attitude than a highway motorcycle yet highway motorcycles grant some greater hand positions. each and each has its very own commerce offs and each and each has its very own pluses . that's plenty greater in all danger to work out a mountain motorcycle on the line than a highway motorcycle on the airborne dirt and dirt paths. reckoning on your planned use of the motorcycle the mountain motorcycle is in all danger to have greater suspension than a highway motorcycle. in case you alter mountain knobby tires with highway slicks the mountain motorcycle isn't plenty slower than a highway motorcycle. when I had to come to a decision on between a 'frequent' highway motorcycle & a mountain motorcycle I chosen the mountain motorcycle, It replaced right into a sprint greater versatile than the line motorcycle.

• 1 decade ago

1. Usually around California

2. An older Cannondale

3. Yes, usually money is reserved for the pros

4. Yes, although it is not Lance Armstrong pay

5. Check http://www.usacycling.org/

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.