I need help choosing a type of RAM!?

I'm going to go to "Office Depot" to buy more RAM for my pc. and ive noticed on the web that there is different types. i scanned my pc with crucial.com and this is what it said of what kind of memory my pc can hold..."Each memory slot can hold DDR PC2700,DDR PC3200 with a maximum of 1GB per slot.*"

When i searched this on officedepot.com it would show another different name. I'm not sure about this. It would say like

-"SIMPLETECH 1GB PC2700 DDR MOD D220/D530" or

-"Kingston® KTM8854/1G DDR SDRAM Memory Upgrade For Desktop Computers, 1GB, 333MHz/PC2700" or

-"ACP 1GB - 333MHz DDR333/PC2700 - DDR SDRAM - 184-pin DIMM Upgrade for Desktop"

-"1GB PC2700 DDR DIMM"

Are these the same as the one im looking for or they are different!?...or this store dont have it at all?

Favorite Answer

Those are all the same. They're just different brands. And I agree with the previous answerer - Kingston is a very respectable brand, and it's probably worth spending the extra few dollars to get it.

If your somputer can support PC3200 purchase that to get the most out of your system. Kingston is a good brand but the Kingston listed is only PC2700. Also, officedepot is going to overcharge you. I would suggest purchasing this for your computer to get the most bang for your buck, http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N8...

Source(s): My shop
  • Vivac

Go with Kingston ram & you won't regret it