? asked in Social SciencePsychology · 1 decade ago

Name of this psychology theory?

Awhile ago I was introduced to the idea that a human establishes their core and inner being in the first few years of their life, (5 or so), and then the rest of their life their core does not change. Does anybody know the name of this theory? I don't fully understand it and would like to learn of it more.

4 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

This sounds like Freudian Psychoanalysis. Sigmund Freud believed in what is called The Id, The Ego, and The Superego, which were parts of the brain he believed guided thought processes from what is appropriate to any primitive feelings the being may have.

The ID is what is what guides the "pleasure principle" or feelings a human may have to experience pure, selfish pleasure.

The EGO is seen as a part of the brain that gives a realistic perspective to the person, letting the person know how their actions may lead to certain consequences.

The SUPER-EGO strives for absolute perfection within the individual, often criticizing what the person does or will do.

Freud felt that these drives guided a human being throughout his/her entire life, until death.

Unlike Behaviorism (which behaviors are guided by reinforcers) and other theories, Freud's theory still remains highly subjective, yet certain principles from his studies I feel STILL relate to many of us.

I hope this answers your question.

Source(s): I suggest you check here for more information- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Id,_ego,_and_super-eg...
    • Login to reply the answers
  • 1 decade ago

I don't have a direct answer in what the theory would be called but I can tell you one fact that may be of relation to this theory.

It's called the 7 year cycle where it's proven that in each 7 year intervals of your life you go through complete emotional, physical and mental changes.

From 0 - 7 years of age it only makes sense that your inner core is the most basic posture on how you were raised where you individually began to freely react to experiences mental, physical and emotional.

It's the unique essence we all have where the intelligence we acquired is being processed by our own conscience for the first time. And emotions are actually just chemicals our brain produces at certain times, so as we learn to be sad, happy or whatever, our brain is becoming addicted to these qualities, and your own personality will become the basis of your conscience and will never change completely.

• kunzie
    Lv 4
    3 years ago

i don't have an on the spot answer in what the theory could be observed as yet i'm able to permit you comprehend one actuality that is of relation to this theory. it quite is observed as the 7 3 hundred and sixty 5 days cycle the place it quite is shown that for the period of each and each 7 3 hundred and sixty 5 days durations of your existence you bypass via comprehensive emotional, actual and psychological alterations. From 0 - 7 years of age it basically is clever that your inner center is the main user-friendly posture on the type you have been raised the place you in my opinion began to freely react to stories psychological, actual and emotional. it quite is the unique essence all of us have the place the intelligence we won is being processed by potential of our very own ethical experience for the 1st time. And thoughts are unquestionably basically chemical compounds our techniques produces at particular circumstances, so as we learn how to be unhappy, chuffed or maybe if, our techniques is becoming addicted to those characteristics, and your individual character will replace into the foundation of your ethical experience and could in no way replace thoroughly.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

That's Freudian Psychoanalysis.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.