Saut de Chat asked in HealthDental · 1 decade ago

How long do I have to wear a retainer after getting braces off?

I am getting my braces off tomorrow, after only having them on for four months, and I've had a bottom retainer for a month now. And I am getting my top retainer tomorrow after they take off the braces. How long am I going to have to wear the retainer? They are Invisalign retainers.

Favorite Answer

People I know have to wear their retainer at nighttime only for the rest of their life.

• It's unique to the individual. I have permanent retainers, upper and lower. You will probably have to wear your invisaligns for 6 months, although I know someone who has to wear it at night for the rest of his life, so it varies. Just ask your ortho tomorrow. Good luck getting the braces off! Your teeth feel like heavan afterward :)

My orthodontist told me, that I'll have to wear my retainers at night for at least until my wisdom teeth are out. After I got my braces off, I wore my retainers constantly for about a year. I think the best thing would be to ask your Orthodontist.

Source(s): had Braces for 2 years, retainers for 1 1/2

everyday except for while eating or playing sports until your dentist/orthodontist tells you that you don't have to keep up with that daily routine. this will usually be instrcuted about six months after you get your braces off depending on how your teeth look

after that they will suggest wearing it while you sleep for the rest of your life :(

i strongly suggest you listen to your orthepedic instructions because i never wore my retainer and then i had to get braces again :( so even though it sucks it's worth it

actually every one is different time distance