36 weeks, 3 days pregnant, and possibly leaking amniotic fluid?

So, last night I was sitting at the kitchen table when I suddenly started feeling like I was peeing my self. Not a lot, just a trickle. I went to the bathroom and my pad was very wet. After the initial gush, every time I lean forward I feel a small trickle of fluid coming out. I also started having small, irregular... show more So, last night I was sitting at the kitchen table when I suddenly started feeling like I was peeing my self. Not a lot, just a trickle. I went to the bathroom and my pad was very wet. After the initial gush, every time I lean forward I feel a small trickle of fluid coming out. I also started having small, irregular contractions. I contacted the on-call doc and she had me come into the ER. She had me lay back and took a swab to test the fluid, but it came back negative for amniotic fluid several times. However, I don't seem to be leaking when I'm laying back like that, only when I lean forward. She said I was definitely having some contractions and that I was 2 cm dilated (I was not at all dilated just 3 days ago at my appointment), but that the contractions weren't strong enough, yet. She gave me an antibiotic and told me to come back if I started having strong contractions that were less than 5 minutes apart.
Has anyone experienced this before? If it's not amniotic fluid, then what could it be? What should I do?
7 answers