Y did soooo many members of the American Enterprise Institute working in the Bush Cabinet = funded by Exxon?

According to the report, the Exxon-financed American Enterprise Institute (AEI), a conservative Washington, D.C. "think tank," offered scientists and economists $10,000 each, plus expenses, to write articles undercutting the dire findings of the United Nations' Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC) about the extent and impacts of human-caused global warming.

The ties between ExxonMobil, AEI and the highest levels of government go way back. AEI has received more than $1.6 million from ExxonMobil over the years, and more than 20 of its staffers have worked as consultants for the Bush administration.

Favorite Answer

Yes money misleads, always has. Some people have the ignorance to just not think it does, or just don't care.

Man...that's a huge amount of money....now compare that to 9 billion a year FOR the warming crowd. Kinda paltry, ain't it? Seems funny, now that the LEADING climatologist has been exposed....Saw Hansen on CSPAN and he just continues with such bald face bull crap I wonder how he breaths. For instance.."CO2 emissions and pollutants are accumulating 10,000 times faster via man made pollutants"...then one sentence later says CO2 are not pollutants. 10,000 times faster? Than what? That would indicate to me that...hmmm....let's see earth is 4.5 billion years old....gee...earth only has about 3 or 4 million years left...think I'll just stay up late and watch. Do you suppose I will be the only one left by then??? I suspect mankind itself will be gone in a thousand years or so. Standard earth history, you know...Then, it starts over.

• jdm

What's the difference? They run GM now, and it was your boy who put them in there:

Ed Whitacre, Jr. (check the bottom of the page)

http://www.exxonmobil.com/Corporate/investor_gover...

Things sure have changed!!!!

Dem's cut medicare 460 billion last week.

Why is OK for libtards to do this to further their cause but if someone else does it its bad?

Can you say hypocrisy?

I knew it would be Bush's fault somehow. You guys are hilarious!

Its not a conspiracy, global warming is false, so get on with life. My god.

Why do you seem surprised about this?