PS3 vs. XBOX 360???????

I'm getting one for Christmas, but don't know which one.....I'll get mostly COD games, and Bioshock, and EA Sports games. I also love to talk with headsets, and I know both have them, but which has more onliners using headsets?

Update:

Wow, you guys went to town with these answers! Thank you all VERY much! :P

11 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

i own a PS3 and hve played both and let me tell you PS3 are much better

People might say xbl might hve a bigger online community than PSN BUT theyre almost equal

bcoz of the PS3s Playstation Home..

its a massive world built into the PlayStation Network, Home is Sony Computer Entertainment's virtual world for PlayStation gamers. With an avatar uniquely customized according to ur preference, u can explore the 3D community that is Home, a sleek, modern environment featuring spacious common areas, custom spaces dedicated to specific games, and personal apartments. Everything can be customized to your liking with items you collect or purchase.

Not only is Home your home online with PlayStation 3, Home is also a vast network of communication for PlayStation users. Browse the Hall of Fame for trophies players have collected in various videogames, or just hang out in a virtual outdoor lobby to talk with text and voice. Other features in Home include a theater where the Home world also users can watch videos from one users' collection together, a series of mini-games that players can play, and much more as Home evolves.

There is also a new motion controller comin out for the PS3.

The newly announced Motion Controller is equipped with two motion sensors, three axes gyroscope and three axes accelerometer that can detect the controller's angle and movement held in the user's hand. Like the Wiimote, the new controller is a stick and is extremely accurate and smooth, very tight, and moving at 60 frames per second.the PlayStation Motion Control is much simpler and elegant—and apparently way more effective than Wii Motion Plus. It uses a technique similar to Hollywood-style motion capture.There can be two sticks, which also have a trigger for first person shooters. The actual effect on screen is amazing, and it seems to kill the Wii Plus. The only bad news: The PlayStation Motion Controller will be launched in Spring 2010.

Why I think PS3 are Better

Price - For $300-$400, you get everything you need in a console. It has bluetooth, wifi, free online service, netflix, Life with PlayStation, PS Home and more for just that one admission tag of $300. All of those named above and much more is available for no extra cost.

Reliability - Under 10% compared to the above 33% and possibly 54% (estimation) on the XCOX 360, you won't have to worry too much about your PS3 breaking.

360's gets the Red Ring Of Death, Scratch dvd's, Very Noisy, Over Heat Easily etc etc....

Life Cycle - It will last you longer than any console you have right now. Launched in 2006, the PS3 will go on well past next year and into 2016 and beyond. The Wii is expected to get dumped for a new Nintendo console by 2011 at least, while the new Microsoft console is also expected for 2011.

Online Service - PlayStation Network. It's free, it's fun, it's lag-free and it constantly grows. When signing up, you get treated to PlayStation Home, free demos and videos, movies, TV Shows, music, Netflix and more. PSN runs on dedicated servers, which gives gamers an almost entirely lag-free experience. Only downside is that the developers choose when they want to bring their servers down.

Games - The PS3 now has the highest rated exclusive game of all time (Uncharted 2: Among Thieves). Other AAA titles/franchises include:

Metal Gear Solid 4 - Stealth Action

LittleBigPlanet - Platforming

MotorStorm - Racing

Resistance 1 and 2 - Shooter

Killzone 2- Shooter

Demon's Souls - RPG

Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 - Stealth Action

inFamous - Sandbox/Superhero

Ratchet & Clank - Platformer

Warhawk - ? Flying/Action? lol

MLB: The Show

Heavenly Sword - RPG

Demons Souls - RPG

Eye Pet - Virtual Pet (Playstation Eye)

as well as upcoming titles (TONS of RPGs coming, and great current ones). Those games up there are just some that I would recommend to you. Very well worth it.

MAG - Shooter (256 player online)

Agent - Sandbox

Final Fantasy Versus 13 - RPG

White Knight Chronicles - RPG

Heavy Rain - ? But it looks fkn awesome

Gran Turismo 5 - Racing

God of war 3 also 1 and 2 in HD - Action

Mod Nation Racers - Racing

Free Realms - RPG

Basically if you want to save more money and have a wider variety of games, PS3 is the console.

Highly recommended. It will be the longest-lasting, most feature-packed and future-proof $300 you will spend in a very long time."

I've played countless hours on both. It's also a much easier transition going from PC to PlayStation 3, considering the power of that console, and the fact that it supports keyboard and mouse play.

hope this helped

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

To start off, there are pros and cons about each one. 360 has more users so its sometimes easier to find a game. (there is no big difference. especially with the cods) However, this can cause some serious slowness when tons of people are on for holidays and what not. PS3 has better graphics and is more advanced. the graphics really help with the sports games. they both have the same amount of users on the mic. All in all, PS3 wins without a fight. it has more storage space, better graphics, and is a friendlier system in totally. it also doesn't brake like 360 does.

Source(s): i have both. and i think 360 is HORRIBLE compared to ps3
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

In my opinion and I am not a fan boy I am going to have to say PS3. I own all three systems and get the best games for ps3. PS3 Is a great system with bluray. It comes wifi ready and any blue tooth headset can be used with it. It has great reliability and a CPU processor twice as powerful as xbox 360's. PS3 in my opinion has better exclusive like Killzone 2, MGS4, Grand Turismo and Infamous. The PS3 has free online which is one of the reasons I get most of my games for PS3. And all the people that say xbox live is better cannot say that in the upcoming month because ps3 online is already even with xbox live now and its going to get better in a month or so plus it stays free. I play on xbox live sometimes and i can tell you i prefer ps3 online. PS3 Is the future in gaming. The current models available are the ps3 slim 120gb for 299 and soon to be 250gb ps3 slim for 399 and the 80GB fat ps3 for 299 while supplies last and 160GB for 399 while supplies last. 20GB, 40GB, 60GB and the old 80gb backwards compatible are discontinued. Disadvantages to the ps3 are that the online is very good but not as good as xbox live just yet and does not have games from the past for ex. Hitman Blood Money and also Downloadable Content for multi platform games usually are on the xbox 360 first for ex. COD Modern Warfare 2 map packs are coming first for 360 another ex. Is GTA 4 Lost and Damned and Ballad of Gay Tony . In my opinion if you want to get a PS3 get the slim if you want since its so small and cheap or get either the 60GB or the Old 80GB. Get the 60GB for full backwards compatibility and media card readers. The disadvantages are that the 60GB have the Yellow Light Of Death Problem. Get the old 80GB if you want some backwards compatibility as only 60% of ps2 games work with the old 80GB where 95% with the 60GB and this 80GB still has the media card readers. Also they have in this PS3 model removed many extra parts and therefore is less likely to get the YLOD. The PS3 is cheaper in the long run as xbox 360 elite for the same price 299 does not offer blu ray, free online or wifi.

Xbox 360 is also a great system. Even though for the same price the ps3 gives more features xbox 360 has a large game selection. My ps3 broke 4 months ago and im happy with a 360 but that does not mean its better. It has a great online but you have to pay although its on sale for 39.99 now and soon will drop more. The 360's online is better then psn but with time psn will get better. There are many exclusive games for it coming such as Left 4 Dead 2 and just released Halo ODST. Games in the past like Halo 3 and Gears Of War 2. It has reliability issues with the old xbox 360's and new ones as well but it is backed by a 3 year warranty. The 360 is the current generation system and usually gets downloadbale content first before the PS3. There are disadvantages tp the 360 like 200$ for a HD Player and 40$ online and 100$ wifi but has great online and large selection of games. The current available 360's are arcade version with no HD for 199. The old 20GB 360 refurbished for 199 with 3 games and 2 controllers (I saw it for sale on a website for that much and it was on the news but if you can't find it on the site go to ebgames its 199 with 2 controllers and a game. The 60GB Xbox 360 is 249.99 while supplies last and the elite has dropped to 299 and a deal is going on right now where for 329 you get the elite 3 games Halo 3, The Darkness and Prince of Persia with a wifi adapter for 329.99.

In conclusion i think you should get whichever system is best for you reading the advantages and disadvantages of both systems i wrote. If you want a small, reliable system with bluray and wifi then PS3 is your system. If you want a large selection of games from the past and present and great online and downloadable content then the xbox 360 is your system

• 1 decade ago

well PS3 is the most complete console, because you can surf the web, free online play( which is better than most ppl say it is), amazing game selection which is starting to devellop, graphics are better than xbox, nd game makers have said that they havent tapped ps3 graphics, but they've already reached the xbox limits, and comes with blu ray player. It's hardware is upgradable to 750 GB... surpassing a computer

Xbox 360, you have to pay for online, you cant surf the web... although you get netflix. Xbox 360 online is amzing, but it comes with a 60$ fee, it as well has an amazing game selection... better than ps3's, nd comes with DVD player, nd if you pay 100$ could put in an HD dvd player. you can upgrade your hardware to 250 GB.

But to answer your question, you will find more ppl with headset on the xbox 360

My pick for a console would be PS3, because of all the free things you get....

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

both systems do what you want but becuase the xbox comes with a headset in the box (so basically for free) the majority of people WILL have a headset unless they bought it from some random place or refurbished that didnt have one.

Xbox has more users online AND has more users online using headsets.

PS3 you need to buy a headset serparately for like 50 bucks.

• 1 decade ago

XBox 360 has a way better library and it seems geared more towards online play. However, from personal experience i've been through 6 XBox 360s in my lifetime due to red ring failures. Id still pick 360 over PS3 though.

• 1 decade ago

Failure Rate: Xbox 360 High As 54% – Sony PS3 & Nintendo Wii Less Than 1% and if you dont believe me here is an article:

http://www.pwnordie.com/2009/08/17/xbox-360-failur...

so go with the ps3

Source(s): i own the ps3
  • 1 decade ago

Both systems are great.

Xbox 360 has more users with headsets.

• 1 decade ago

Playstation. 1080p =] and everyone on playstation on call of duty has headsets! The only thing xbox beats ps3 at is online capabilitys. like chat rooms ect. but id rather have ps3 anyday. xbox breaks too much ;]

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

XBox 360 is the best overall system on the market

When you first buy xbox get these games

Crackdown

Halo odst

Mass effect

Grand theft auto episodes from liberty city

Fallout 3

Forza 3

XBox internet far exceeds that of playstation 3

Box internet allows voice chat

Video chat

Party chat which means you click 7 friends names and while on completly different games you all can chat this isolates their voices so you dont talk to people actually in your game

Xna studio

Xbox is the only system that lets you create games on xna studio by hooking pc and xbox then you can sell your games in the indie games section of xbox market

Xbox also allows you to put a disc in system then download game off disc to your harddrive so its not needed to play .

The only fault xbox has is a 54% failure rate unless you buy one made after 09 with a jasper chip then its a 24-13%

Xbox also allows you to invite friends to your game while on different games unlike playstation.

Now onto the software i e games

Xbox has 700 exclusives not on playstation and only on xbox so way more games .

Among those 300 are downloadable games from xbox market .

Xbox internet cost because server updates occur weekly and games gett extra levels and dlc .

Xbox lets you buy or rent movies music and games without disc quick downloads

Honestly the playstation 3 is THE most powerful system , BUT since its so powerful none of the game developers could understand or were to lazy to decipher its advanced algorithms and codes to make games on it therefore multiplatform games and most others look better on 360 and result in games being made for the xbox 360 and ported over to playstation 3 with lesser graphics so 360 games look considerably better but the actual system doesent have better graphics processing power its just easier to create games for since its internal design very similar to computers so 360 games have better graphics

But i chose between 360 . 360 has better online meaning more downloadable games and the ability to join xna club to create your own games by hooking xbox to computer with windows software . As well as looking at messages on game in guide button pause menu and talk in a 8 man private chat even on different games . Ps3 has better actual system and is more powerful but not enough good games / features

K i kinda like 360 tad bit better

Examples of 360 vs ps3 graphics listed below

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aG6_gg7ih

Youtube thumbnail

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fzxoqbiCj

Youtube thumbnail

Source(s):

I own both my xbox live gamertag Jt G 88

Psn id The oWnly Real Ni((a

And if you pick me as best answer tell me why you dont like shooting games , I used to hate them to until i played Left 4 dead 2 awesome game

And if you buy an xbox 360 heres a few games only on xbox not on playstation 3

Crackdown

Grand theft auto episodes from Liberty city

Forza 3

Mass effect ) you should buy this game and watch ign review of it

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UZgSJ8ZHh

Youtube thumbnail

Halo odst

Fable 2

Splinter cell conviction

Left 4 dead 2

Xbox also gets weekly updates online and one of those is a motion control update in 2010

So now xbox does everything wii does but better heres 2 vids of the xbox motion control

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p2qlHoxPi

Youtube thumbnail

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HluWsMlfj

Youtube thumbnail

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.