Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Brainstorming ideas for a boardgame :o?

I have to make a boardgame for my Urban Studies course. The only requirements are that it has to be playable and correspond to the course material. Also, if necessary, events should happen in chronological order as to when they occurred in history. I don't want to do a Monopoly-style game because I think it will be all too common. Awesome ideas on what kind of boardgame to make please? :o

The course is about the development of cities (So like: Ur->Athens->Miletus->Rome->Constantinople->Venice-> Bruges->Manchester->London->NYC->Philadelphia.....etc......). Know what I mean? :o

Yeah, we make boardgames in college. :P

Also, if you can, please tell me how you think I should integrate the material into the boardgame.

Example: "You got stuck in Rome's Cloaka Maxima..Skip one turn!"

2 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

A trivial pursuit sort of game is often relatively easy to make for this sort of project. Decide on the categories you want to include, and make the questions based upon your course material. You might also want to incorporate some aspects of the game taboo for vocabulary. Here is a site that might help you make the game.

http://blogs.msdn.com/templates/archive/2008/03/13...

• Anonymous
    4 years ago

rooster pie. cream of rooster soup decrease up rooster breast, frozen peas, sliced carrots, salt & pepper to style. bake till carrots are comfortable ideal with puff pastry then bake till pasty is finished. Serve with mashed potatoes and veg. no longer the main unique concept yet that's what I have been given, and its basic.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.