What do you do to keep your skin healthy! Big problemo!?

Hey :)

I have very bad skin. I have many spots, I'm very pale and my skin gets very red and blotchy.

How can i get pure clear skin? What routines did anyone use and what was your diet?

Thanks in advance guys really :)

x x

Best Answer

1 Wash your face way before you go to bed. If you wait until you're ready to hit the sack, you'll be too tired to wash up, and research shows skin repairs itself best around 10 p.m. So let skin breathe easy long before you start snoozing.

2 Wear sunscreen every day, year-round. Botox bites. So use a moisturizer that has an SPF 15 or higher (try Eucerin Skin Renewal SPF 15 Day Lotion, $10, drugstores). UV rays can do their damage while you're sitting in class, riding in the car or walking the dog.

3 Be nice to your face. Picking, poking and squeezing force bacteria deeper into the skin, resulting in scarring and further breakouts. Yuck.

4 Stop thinking that if your skin feels tight it must be clean. Tight skin isn't clean skin--it's dry skin. If you're rushing to dab on moisturizer after you wash, time to find a cleanser that won't leave you high and dry. Normal and combination skin will benefit most from a gel formula (I love Nivea Visage Refreshing Cleansing Gel, $6, drugstores). Got dry or sensitive skin? Go for a creamy cleanser. Either way, choose a low foaming formula. More lather=more drying. Less lather=less drying.

5 Banish breakouts. If you've got major acne, an acne face wash is for you (I like Clearesil Total Control 5-in-1 Acne Cleanser and Moisturizer, $9, drugstores). If you just get spot breakouts, avoid acne washes. They worsen skin by drying out the clear parts and allowing dead skin-cell buildup. The buildup traps oil under skin, leading to more clogged pores and breakouts. So use spot treatments (Clean & Clear Advantage Acne Spot Treatment, $6.50, drugstores).

6 Keep shine at bay midday. The ugly truth? You can't stop or slow down oil production. The beautiful solution? Blotting papers! They instantly pull oil off your skin. I like Sephora's Roll-Up Blotting Papers, $8, sephora.com.

7 Wash your face after you do your 'do. Almost all conditioners, hair sprays and mousses contain ingredients that can clog pores. So (carefully) wash your face after using hair products.

8 Clean your makeup brushes weekly. Bacteria and oil can build up which can lead to clogged pores and breakouts. Use a mild soap (Nature's Gate Organics liquid soaps, $6, drugstores) and cold water to carefully wash out brushes, and rinse thoroughly. Toss cosmetics sponges after a few uses to prevent the spread of bacteria.

9 Change pillowcases often. As you sleep, bacteria and oil collect on your pillowcase and are reintroduced to your skin the following night. So invest in a stack of nice pillowcases, and wash them with a dye- and fragrance-free laundry detergent, like Tide Free.

10 Get your beauty rest! Eight hours should do the trick. Sleep not only keeps undereye circles away but, at night, your body most actively rids itself of toxins that might otherwise wreak havoc with your skin. Z's also reduce stress, the top acne aggravator!

Hope I helped

Eat a lot of fruits and vegetables, no junk! Drink tons of water - it will moisturize your skin and give you a healthy glow, it also helps get rid of acne; if you have any. Always use a light moisturizer and since it is winter time make sure to use a heavier one. You should get one with an SPF 15 if you will be not be outside for long, and over an SPF 30 if you are. Make sure to wash your face 2 times a day. Don't use one with harsh chemicals, I suggest using a natural one. I like to use one's with vitamins A, D, and E in them. If you have oily skin, consider adding a toner to your regimen. If you don't have oily skin, though, avoid astringents -- they can actually make your skin worse. When you work out, change out of sweaty clothes as soon as possible, and always dry off with a clean towel. Good luck :)

Source(s): Myself :)

Wear sunscreen daily. Drink water constantly. Exfoliate your skin with sugar every weekend, and try using a honey mask. They help your skin stay hydrated. Use glycerin soap. 100% glycerin. Or you could try Cetaphil's products. They aren't drying at all. DO NOT TOUCH YOUR FACE. Use a facial mousturizer daily and wash it every morning and every night before you go to bed. Be sure to wash it after you have been sweating as well.

A simple way to wash your face is to use warm water, then cold, then warm and then cold again. You do not need to use soap for this. This would be the ritual you use after sweating, so you aren't drying your skin out, but you aren't letting the sweat settle either.

Stuff your face with fruit as much as you can in the mornings, and stuff your face with vegetables at night. Eat three hours before you go to sleep, and change your pillow covers every two days.

A good face rinse I use every once in a while is rice water. Soak the rice in water and just rub the water on your face. Let it sit for a while, then rinse your face with the rest of the water. Then, rinse your face with cool water.

Use AcneFree System control. It's about 20 bucks, but so worth it. Seems like you have a sensitive skin, so do I =] Try it and LOVE it!!!

PS: You don't have to have acne to use AcneFree... It works better than any other pro-sensitive skin treatment. Just after a day of use you'll find your skin to be refreshed and all those ugly red spots would be gone in no time!!!

Try tanning and using unscented soap when showering. Since you're pale don't tan to long, but start off a couple minutes at a time in a tanning salon. I have psoriasis which gets red and blotchy as well and that kinda helps me out.

Good luck, you'll find something that works :)

Drink LOTS of water :D

I used the Acne Free system but it didn't work as well as I wanted it to. I suggest the Clinique 3 step system, you can go into a kiosk at a mall and they will help you choose the perfect system for you, or go into a macy's or belk and they should have a clinique section.

also make sure you moisturize, i suggest a Nutrogena SPF 15 moisture, untinted, or if you want, tinted.

• Drink a lot of water!!! Trust me it helps so much. And try and stay away from junk foods.

My skin care routine is in the morning I exfoliate, cleanse and moisturize. And at night I just cleanse and moisturize.

Good luck!

Drink lots of water and use lotion everyday after shower. Avoid scented lotions...try Lubriderm or Cocoa Butter...that's what I use. Also use a loofa to scrub dead skin off during shower (dont be too rough though) Also...I use a Shower moisterizer. Oil Of Olay makes it and it's literally a lotion you put on in the shower and then rinse off..smells amazing and works great.

my diet is i eat what i want (but i am a vegetarian) and i jog like 2 miles a day

i was my face with facial soap that removed oil and stuff

i use any lotion after i get out of the shower (i shower twice a day so i lotion all over twice a day, but once is good enough)

and i go outside ALOT

summertime you can hardly keep me in lol

the vitamin d helps a lot too

use dove face wash! its really good... and make sure you put moisturizer on your get one thats water based and non oily / make sure you eat lots of vegies and fruits and drink tons of water and no comida busura!! ( junk food) no pop or candy or crapy foods.. and maybe try using a natural mask on your face you can look some up online