Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Food & DrinkVegetarian & Vegan · 1 decade ago

dose any1 know what is in donna kebab? and what are your sources ?

6 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Its Donner Kebab. It is made of surplus meat off the carcas - This means it is the left over bit of meat after the butcher has cut away the good bits to sell. The meat is most likley Lamb.

These bits of meat are mixed with spices and loads of fat and molded into a cylinder.

Donner Kebab manufacturers vary, there are hundreds in the UK. All have their own way of running the business though apparantly the Food Standards Agency have previously came across some manufacturers who when not able to obtain enough cheap Lamb meat they went and bought left over meat from a Pigs carcass. Now...The problem is that we the consumer are buying a Lamb Donner Kebab that MAY have other animals in it. Which can be a problem for people who don't eat Pork,including Muslims, Jews and strict Christians.

Personally I avoid donner kebab as it is far too unhealthy. This is the UK varient of Donner Kebab though. The original Turkish Donner Kebab is fresh and a pleasure to eat. Or you could try a Kofta Kebab at an Arab cruisine restaurant or cafe.

• Login to reply the answers
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

All sorts.

Have a look here http://www.tradingstandards.gov.uk/cgi-bin/glos/ne...

"The study found a major issue with misleading food labelling, 40 per cent of sampled kebabs that provided labelling information did not have an exact declaration for the meat species present."

• 4 years ago

• 1 decade ago

fast food - strips of lamb and it's very greasy but tasty. It's quite hard to explain it without visual aids

Source(s): I eat it.
  • How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

yes, my best mate works at a kebab shop. its beef shawerma

• 1 decade ago

rat, dog and semen.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.