Cop w/ no lights on issued a Speeding Ticket to me in Ohio?

I've been having issues with the light switch in my car. I had it replaced with a used one off ebay several months ago but it is starting to go bad again. Sometimes when i hit a bump the external lights will stay on but the lights in my car that light up the dash go out (or vice versa). It can be a real... show more I've been having issues with the light switch in my car. I had it replaced with a used one off ebay several months ago but it is starting to go bad again. Sometimes when i hit a bump the external lights will stay on but the lights in my car that light up the dash go out (or vice versa). It can be a real pain to get it to come back on. Anyways, this was the case tonight... my internal lights went out after i hit a bump and while figetting with that a cops lights came on and he pulled me over. I know that the cop did not have his lights on when he pulled me over. I am going to get a replacement light switch as soon as i get my next paycheck and video tape inside my car while driving to prove that the part was bad and that the problem is fixed so there will be no further issues with that, but isn't it illegal for a cop to clock people without having his parking lights on in the state of ohio? Also... he pulled me over immediately after clocking me... isn't the cop supposed to follow me for at least one mile before he pulls me over?

I guess my question is, aside from the fault light switch (which i tried explaining to him) am i able to get out of this ticket because either he did not have his lights on when he clocked me or because he did not follow me for the minimum distance required by the state?

I have an excellent court record. I always plead guilty to violations when they are my fault. Should i pull up past tickets/records and use this as evidence to demonstrate my good character on matters such as this to the judge?

I'm just trying to organize my case and am trying to decide which points i should bring to the judge's attention. Any info is helpful, whether it be a law that pertains to this or personal experience... anything is helpful.

Thanx,
Ryan