Difference Between Capacity and Avaible on Ipod touch settings?

On my ipod touch I go to settings and then I see Capacity. 14.5 Gigs. (My ipod is 16 gig) and available says 9.0 gig. I was wondering why theres more then a 5 gig difference. Why am i missing 5 gigs? :O

4 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Your iPod is 16 gigs but after the programs and everything the iPod needs to function, you have a 14.5 gig capacity for personal usage.

You have 9 gigs available because you have 5.5 gig of songs, video, pictures, etc, of stuff on your iPod.

• 1 decade ago

capacity is what is left over after the OS and other basic items that the Ipod can't run without are subtracted from the total memory. Available is the space that you aren't using. The 5 gig difference is thanks to you having songs, apps, or videos already on the Ipod.

• bilbo
    Lv 4
    3 years ago

the adaptation is that an unjailbroken ipod touch is constrained to easily apple authorized apps and matters whilst a jailbroken ipod touch isn't constrained to something / this incorporates unfastened paid app shop apps many video game emulators and your very own personalised matters / pass on youtube for greater

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Available is how much space you have left to use. Capacity is how much space the iPod can use total.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.