Has anyone noticed the similarity between the latest "The Day the Earth Stood Still" and one of Octavia Butler?

Octavia Butler writes sci fi; and I think she's the best in the world. I was just watching the movie, and remembered I had read a number of her books. One in particular had the same theme. Pity I can't remember the title of the book; and most of my library remains in boxes waiting to be unpacked.

• CMM
    Favorite Answer

I hadn't noticed it before, but I think you're right. Are you thinking of Dawn the first in the Xeogenesis series? That's the one where aliens rescue some humans from the dying earth and, while rebuilding the earth, they change the humans themselves so that they're dependent on the aliens. It's an uncomfortable symbiosis. At least, I think that's how it goes from what I can remember. I think that series was later compiled into one book: Lilith's Brood.

http://www.amazon.com/Dawn-Xenogenesis-Bk-Octavia-...