What do you think of Senator Olympia Snowe (R-Maine)? Do you like her politics? Why or why not? What say you?

Favorite Answer

I think she is somewhat of an independent, which I applaud. Maine is a rather unusual state, and the friends I have from there often walk to a different drummer, so to speak. Senator Snowe shows considerable courage, in my opinion, when she chooses to avoid being lock-step with an out-of-touch and/or mean-spirited rightwing party and does what she thinks is in the best interest of her constituents. Although I am a Democrat moderate, I find her independence to be an admirable quality. Susan Collins sometimes shows political courage as well when pending legislation is beneficial to her district...she does not always toe the party line if she feels her GOP party is headed in the wrong direction. Wish we had more moderates like this, and I think Democrats should help them in upcoming campaigns when the militant cult-evangelical rightwingers put these two rather brave women under scathing attack for daring to do what they felt was the right thing for the people they represent.

Source(s): "The Republican Noise Machine: Right-Wing Media and How It Corrupts Democracy" by ex-conservative insider David Brock. Available on amazon.com.

I don't like her, but I don't know if she reflects the views of her constituents or not. Her job is to represent Maine's views, I don't know enough about what Maine is like to judge if she does that.

She is a Republican, not a RINO, she just isn't a conservative. People need to get over this idea that if you aren't a conservative you can't be a Republican.

I like that she votes the way she thinks is best and not just the party line. I feel the same way about Democrats who don't just vote the way the party wants them to.

She is called a RINO, but a person does not have to be 100% conservative to register with the Republican party. The folks who want a collective, should join The Conservative Party.

She obviously loves her country and is willing to put the people of America before the people of her party. I don't always agree with her but I do have to admit that I do respect her.

She is a trojan horse in the party, they need to send her to the glue factory !

She's a RINO traitor.

She is a RINO. Definitely not a conservative.