Can someone help me understand homosexuality?

So I'm a transsexual, I'm exclusively straight although I will admit I'm a bit bi-curious, so this isn't intended to offend anyone. Well anyway, I don't really understand gay people. I don't see what could make a man want a man and want to be a man at the same time. Same with women. I can... show more So I'm a transsexual, I'm exclusively straight although I will admit I'm a bit bi-curious, so this isn't intended to offend anyone.

Well anyway, I don't really understand gay people. I don't see what could make a man want a man and want to be a man at the same time. Same with women. I can understand the sex part, but when it comes to the romance part I don't get it. Do they like flip a coin to see who will be the dominant and the submissive? Like in straight relationships women are submissive and men are dominant, but when you have two men together, how does that work?
Update: I honestly feel as if two people of the same sex are kinda weird. I don't think its wrong I just think that it is creepy and don't see how it would work out. I don't like thinking that way. I would like to be as understanding as possible towards the LGB community.