Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureHolidaysChristmas · 1 decade ago

what is some good Christmas Music?

can anyone give me song writer and names of songs

3 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

You can never go wrong with Christmas music by Bing Crosby, Nat King Cole, Burl Ives and Andy Williams. They're classic pop standards and they never fail. All three have trademark songs: Bing's White Christmas, Nat King Cole's Christmas Song, Burl Ives' Have a Holly Jolly Christmas and Andy Williams' Its the Most Wonderful Time of the Year.

Other Pop standards: Dean Martin - Baby its cold outside, Judy Garland - Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas, Frank Sinatra - Christmas Waltz

However, Christmas music comes in LOTS of genres just like secular music so it depends on what you like and also what the occasion is: decorating, cooking, lounging, partying... Check out Accuradio. It has lots of Christmas stations organized by preferences. You can also build a station on Pandora or last.fm to find out what you like.

Not sure if writer really matters anymore. But classics that are not carols or hymns:

I'll Be Home for Christmas

White Christmas (both by Irving Berlin)

Do You Hear what I hear? (Noël Regney & Gloria Baker)

Little Drummer Boy (Katherine Davis)

Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas (Hugh Martin & Ralph Blane)

Silver Bells (Jay Livingston & Ray Evans)

i'll be Home for Christmas (Walter Kent, Kim Gannon & Buck Ram)

The Christmas Song (Mel Torme & Bob Wells)

It's Beginning to look a lot like Christmas (Meredith Wilson)

It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year (Edward Pola & George Wyle)

Mary Did you Know? (Mark Lowry)

There's No Place Like Home for the Holidays (Bob Allen & Al Stillman) Perry Como's version is most often heard

Most recorded Christmas Song: White Christmas and Bing's 1947 re-recording (the original 1942 disc had worn down too much) is really the quintessential version. Bing really ruled Christmas even up 1977 when he did a duet with David Bowie. He died a little over a month after recording it.

Source(s): Christmas music fanatic www.accuradio.com www.pandora.com www.last.fm
  • 1 decade ago

Classics are the best. But I must say, Relient K has a great Christmas album (if you like rock).

Deck The Halls-Relient K

Sleigh Ride-Ella Fitzgerald

Rockin' Around The Christmas Tree-Brenda Lee

Jingle Bells-Frank Sinatra

Jingle Bell Rock-Bobby Helmes

Holly Jolly Christmas-Burl Ives

(Those are my favorites)

Source(s): Happy Holidays! =) [20 Days]
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fpw3PJ2orno

Youtube thumbnail

im not sure who sings it lol..

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.