? asked in Arts & HumanitiesHistory · 1 decade ago

Sudetenland whilst hitler was in power?rising to power? HELP?

i have a history GCse mock this week coming and i need to know about events in the sudetenland in the period that hitler was coming to power? rising to power .... i ve been searching the internet and looking through books for ages but cant find anything.. can someone break it down for me ? thankyou =)

4 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Best Answer

Sudetenland was the outer region (the far north, west and south) of what is today the Czech Republic (Bohemia & Moravia province of Austria-Hungary). As they were German speaking, not Czech speaking, Hitler rather liked them and wanted to empower them in a BIG way.

Czechoslovakia had just been given indepedence after WW1, and this gave the Czechs (with capital city Prag) full power and control over the Sudenten Regions. Hitlers Plan was to create a country of Sudeten that could rule over the Czechs (who were&are Slavs, and Hitler hated Slaves).

He also wanted to return the Prag university to being German-speaking, just as it was when it was Europe-s oldest and greatest university.

His plan backfired when he lost the war (WW2), and the Sudeten were all deported, their posessions all taken away, all were left extremely poor, homeless, uprooted, and the Czechs were left in posession of ALL land and all businesses on Czech land.

• 1 decade ago

If you use "Sudetenland history" in a google search you will get almost 90,000 hits amongst which go to the Wikepedia entry for an excellent summary of the history of this troubled region post first world war and leading up to the second.

• 3 years ago

the biggest ingredient Hitler had going become that he become an extremely persuasive speaker who ought to person issues occurring around him to his benefit. If he'd have instructed people up become down that they had have probably believed him. It particularly wasn't till the top of the war that his powers of speech began to fail him. So he might are transforming into people to fairly actually forget approximately his no longer being Aryan. yet greater over he never easily claimed to be Aryan himself. The Aryans have been meant to be tall with blue eyes and blonde hair, which Hitler himself needless to say wasn't. yet he become finding to sparkling away the so referred to as "impure" races so as that they might now no longer taint Aryan bloodlines. think of you're listening to somebody say "i'm finding to make it so which you're descendants could be all they have been meant to be" at a time whilst your existence is extremely difficult to stay. There you're listening to the guarantees of a vivid destiny on your babies, grandchildren, etc. collectively as on the comparable time being instructed the reason issues are difficult on you is with the help of a definite team of people. people who're supposedly "tainting" the destiny with their presence. it is the variety of ingredient that made people have confidence Hitler, somewhat blindly. in certainty at situations they have been so blinded with the help of his lies that they does no longer even evaluate issues like his no longer being a real Aryan.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.