Vixen asked in News & EventsCurrent Events · 1 decade ago

Why was Amanda Knox said to have bad hygiene?

It is all over the media that Amanda Knox's bad hygiene was a source of irritation for Merideth, but I haven't seen any specific reports of what she did or didn't do. I saw one where they said she didn't flush the toilet, but to me that is a bad habit, not really poor hygiene. What specifically were prosecutors referring to when talking about her lax hygiene?

15 Answers

Relevance
  • paul s
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

they claim that Amanda and Meridith actually weren't the good friend Amanda claims they were.

They brought forward witnesses (other girls who were on campus) who stated that Meridith hated some of Amanda's habits.

Some of the things Meridith complained about to friends around campus included.

Amanda's lack of personal Hygiene, apparently it was well known around campus that Amanda rarely washed or changed her clothes. and as such the flat they shared smelt (mainly because when she did change her dirty clothes she would then leave them lying around for the floor for ages)

Also Meridith wasn't happy with the fact that on several occasions Amanda left used bloody sanitary products in the bathroom (and once in the kitchen bin), and also left her vibrator and other sex toys out in the bath room in plain view all the time and only took them into her room when they were needed before being put back in the bathroom.

The point the prosecutors were trying to make was that one of Amanda's main defence arguments was that Amanda and meridith were really good friends so why would Amanda kill her?

The prosecutors tried to show that in fact both girls didn't really get alone very well and that there was some major causes of tension in their relationship.

• Login to reply the answers
  • 3 years ago

study "Angel Face" by using Rome based on a daily basis Beast senior author and US Newsweek reporter Barbie Latza Nadeau's impartial/ impartial checklist documenting how the Knox kinfolk' manipulating information and media coverage and maximum of all, distorted the photograph of Italy's justice gadget-- the so called, male ruled judicial gadget bent on "saving face". She grew to become into no longer a sufferer of the Italian judicial gadget yet she is a sufferer of the direct and circumstantial evidence she left in the back of. The information for sure confirmed her guilt. in simple terms by using fact prosecution mishandled the DNA does no longer exonerate the overpowering quantity of direct evidence (the flesh embedded on the take care of of the knife belonging to Meredith, Knox's DNA found contained in the blood left in the back of on the knife even nonetheless the knife grew to become into washed in bleach past) and overwhelming circumstantial evidence-- her very own written confession, throwing the cellular telephones in somebody outdoor to elude tracing, framing her past organization, the finger blood prints left on the sink @ the crime scene.... and hundreds greater.....all factor to her guilt. Her responsible verdict should not be used to categorically malign the Justice gadget in Italy.

• 1 decade ago

From what I have read they are meaning that Amanda would bring home men and that she forgot to flush a tolet once...kinda crazy! I think that is why she didn't do it....it was just to much of stupid little things like this that didn't add up and no one could really answer...it's like what sex game were they playing? They killed her because she would not have a 3some?....well three people are in prison for this murder so wouldn't that be a 4some then?

• 1 decade ago

Because she went on cleaning spree after the murder, which including wiping the entire place down with the bleach that she had just purchased. The murder knife had Merideth's blood on it, but it had been cleaned with bleach.

The implication is that cleaning was not normal for her, unless she wanted to erase the tell-tale signs of murder.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

it shows a general sort of disregard for others, and also can be linked, albeit loosely, to sexual promiscuity - dont ask me why, but it just does. people who tidy their bathrooms daily dont tend to be sexual deviants. deviant behaviour is linked to people who are blinkered when it comes to tidiness in their lives. or it can be the other extreme, where they are obsessed with tidiness, thoughi believe its more common to be a slob. people who use drugs tend to forget to shower or wouldnt think of flushing the toilet. whats the saying, you can tell alot about a person by how they keep their home? there is truth in that. that is why her hygiene was a factor in the case, and a bone of contention for amanda, as meredith's tidiness, to amanda, was a sort of unwanted exposure as to her own lack of morals... there's your motive

• Jane6 years agoReport

Someone killed Meredith and then DIDN'T FLUSH the toilet..who doesn't flush the toilet? Amanda seemed to forget that ..unusual

• 1 decade ago

roommates can often get on one another's nerves, especially if you have one who is very neat, and one who is not. I don't think she was out of the ordinary, just incompatible with her roommate who liked things cleaner and better organized.

• Jane6 years agoReport

Smelly is smelly . She sounds gross to me.

• 1 decade ago

I am sure her defence would have asked that question in court.

• 1 decade ago

I am concerned about this case, the "evidence" was DNA ONLY, Remember YOU leave DNA everywhere you go, that does not make you a murderer

• 1 decade ago

People can be messy without being murderers.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

beacuse of her unclean lifestyle but that does not make you gulitey of murder

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.