Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 1 decade ago

Question about Hating Israel...please read?

WITHOUT the evangelical christian view of "rapture" and israel and chosen ones...

are these legitamite reasons for Arabs to hate Israel?

We (Arab Muslims and Arab Christians) we hate Israel because

1. They brought European Jews to kick out Native Christians and Muslims out of our land

2. They burn down the churches and mosques, they bombed many christian schools in south lebanon and they bomb villages with innocent people in it

3. They say they own Jerusalem, only Jews, when also the Christians and Muslims see it Holy. They do not allow Lebanese and Syrian (Christian and Muslim) to enter Jerusalem.

4. They burn Bible, the Israeli spit on Arabs and the police do nothing about, the Israeli Jews will attack many times the priests in the Jerusalem church and nothing done about it

5. Israel today is not like Jacob, Jacob listened to God, Jacob will have accepted the Messiah. Israel and Judaism today is not like Abraham's faith, they reject Messiah.

6. Israel pays Jews from ALL OVER WORLD even Russian, Poland, Germany, Hungary, they pay them 10000 dollar each to move to Israel, but they will not let Palestinian Christians and Muslis who have the property papers and evidence to live there

7. Israel attempting to create a pure religious Jewish state, and drive out the Christians and Muslims from the Holy Land. Within 20 years, they changed the Jewish population from only 10% to 60%.

And please do not say I hate Jews, I do not hate Jews or Judaism. I do have Lebanese Mizrahim Jewish friend and Yemeni Jewish friend.

9 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Jerusalem History.. JERUSALEM IS ISRAEL'S CAPITAL NOW.. BUT BELONGED TO MANY THROUGH IONS.. NEVER BELONGED TO JEWS ORIGINALLY.

The original inhabitants of Jerusalem were Phoenician Canaanites. Jerusalem was originally a village built on a hill. The name "Urushalim is first found on Egyptian statues, circa 2500 B.C. "Urushalim", in fact is a word of Canaanite derivation; the prefix "uru", meaning "founded by", and the suffix "salem" or "Shalem," Phoenician Canaanite god of dusk. This evidence is reinforced by archaeology and by tablets found in Elba, Syria, dating back to 3000 B.C., on which the god Shalem being venerated in a city called Uruksalem is mentioned. The old name of the city Urushalim figures also in the Egyptian texts called Texts of Proscription of XII dynasty 'ws'mm pronounced in Akkadian language Urushalim city of god.

In the 14th Century B.C., King Abdi Hepa, king of the Phoenician Canaanites, wrote to the Pharaoh Akhnaton and implored him to rid Jerusalem of new invaders. He described a group of people known as the "Habirus", as having already conquered Rushada, and advancing on Jerusalem. In the Bible, the story of Abraham mentions Melchizedek, the King of Salem (King of Jerusalem) and Priest of the Most High God who offered bread and wine to Abraham.

In 1000 B.C., King David, conquered Jerusalem, and established it as his capital. At the time of his conquest, the city was known as "Jebus" but he renamed it Jerusalem, once again.

http://phoenicia.org/jerusalem.html

THE JEWS BELIEVE THAT THE LAND BELONGS TO THE JEWISH PEOPLE SINCE THE TIME KING DAVID.. CONQUERED JERUSALEM.AND THEY AGAIN CAPTURED JERUSALEM AND CLAIM THE ISRAEL .( OFFICIALLY ISRAEL WAS ESTABLISHED in 1948 AS A COUNTRY)

1917 - 1967 Britain initially for 30 years. See Winston Churchill - 1937. With the founding of Israel in 1947-48 the intent is for Jerusalem to become an international city. Instead, war breaks out. Then, despite an armistice agreement in 1949 to temporarily split the city into ownership by Jordan in the east & Israel in the west, for 18 years ongoing attacks on Jews are sponsored by Jordan via the old city in east Jerusalem including the Temple Mount area.

The area is known as Mount Moriah (pronounced in Hebrew as moe-ree-yaw - literal meaning "Seen by the Lord") where Abraham submitted his precious son Isaac to God sometime around 1900BC and where God restored him to Abraham in providing a substitution sacrifice. And it has been an area sacred to Jews, Christians and Muslims, in fact, huge numbers of peoples over thousands of years. 50 years

1967 - 2007 ( -2009) TILL NOW.

East Jerusalem captured and fully ruled by Israel, but this situation not officially recognized by any country. To alleviate the pressure of suicide bombers, military barriers built around Gaza and the West Bank. Then at the start of the Jewish year leading into 2007, the 40 year anniversary, we had the public declaration by the Palestinian Authority confirming the 1993 recognition of Israel in the United Nations. 40 years

http://www.swcs.com.au/j1.htm

"If I forget you, O Jerusalem, let my right hand forget her cunning; let my tongue cleave to my palate, if I do not remember you - if I do not bring up Jerusalem above the head of my joy" Psalm 137:5-6

BIBLE

JEWS ARE WELCOMED BACK TO THEIR HOMELAND FROM OTHER COUNTRIES BY THE

Aaliyah LAW

The Jews from other Lands are welcomed back to their Homeland by Aaliyah

Alternatively, it could also mean "ascent" in Jewish, and refer to the Jewish immigration to the Land of Israel.

THE JEWS BELIEVE THAT THE LAND BELONGS TO THE JEWISH PEOPLE SINCE THE TIME KING DAVID.. CONQUERED JERUSALEM.AND THEY AGAIN CAPTURED JERUSALEM

[edit] Return

The Law of Return defines that all Jews possessing an Oleh's certificate shall become Israel nationals and allowed to immigrate to Israel. Such a certificate would almost automatically turn into Israeli citizenship upon arrival in Israel if so desired. In the 1970s the Law of Return was further expanded, and it was defined that the spouse of a Jew, the children of a Jew and their spouses, and the grandchildren of a Jew and their spouses would also be covered under the Law of Return and thus be eligible for an Oleh's certificate provided that the Jew on behalf of whom they request the certificate did not practice a religion other than Judaism willingly (he or she may, however, be a non-observant Jew). In 1999, the Supreme Court of Israel ruled that Jews or the descendants of Jews that actively practice a religion other than Judaism would not be allowed to immigrate to Israel as they would no longer be considered Jews under the provisions of the Law of Return.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Israeli_nationality_l...

EVANGELICALS INTERPRET THE BIBLE WRONGLY.

The Evangelicals. ( though Greek word) cannot Understand the First Greek Testament of the

World.

Gal 3:28 There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond or free.we are all ONE in God

BIBLE..

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

1. They brought European Jews to kick out Native Christians and Muslims out of our land.

European Jews fled to Palistine because there were jewish communities there already, and they wanted to escape Europe. Most of the time they only defended themselves when attacked. there were exceptions.

2. They burn down the churches and mosques, they bombed many christian schools in south lebanon and they bomb villages with innocent people in it

Modern day Israelis go to great lengths to avoid harming civillians when they are attacking those who have attacked Israel. terrorists know this and often launch their attacks from, and hide weapons in, civillian homes, mosques and schools and hospitals.

3. They say they own Jerusalem, only Jews, when also the Christians and Muslims see it Holy. They do not allow Lebanese and Syrian (Christian and Muslim) to enter Jerusalem.

The site of the Temple is controlled by Arabs. Not one Arab or Muslim leader has visited that site in over 40 years, despite muslim protests that this is their "third-holiest site".

4. They burn Bible, the Israeli spit on Arabs and the police do nothing about, the Israeli Jews will attack many times the priests in the Jerusalem church and nothing done about it.

I have never heard of Israeli Bible-burning or priest-attacking.

5. Israel today is not like Jacob, Jacob listened to God, Jacob will have accepted the Messiah. Israel and Judaism today is not like Abraham's faith, they reject Messiah.

Observant Jews are still awaiting the arrival of Messiah.

6. Israel pays Jews from ALL OVER WORLD even Russian, Poland, Germany, Hungary, they pay them 10000 dollar each to move to Israel, but they will not let Palestinian Christians and Muslis who have the property papers and evidence to live there.

If Muslims are allowed to have Muslim states, why are Jews not permitted to have a Jewish state?

7. Israel attempting to create a pure religious Jewish state, and drive out the Christians and Muslims from the Holy Land. Within 20 years, they changed the Jewish population from only 10% to 60%.

The government of Israel is secular in nature. There is a strong religious influence, but many if not most Jews are secular, as is the Israeli government.

I am glad that you do not hate Jews. We do not hate you, either. Talk to your friends about these things.

And please do not say I hate Jews, I do not hate Jews or Judaism. I do have Lebanese Mizrahim Jewish friend and Yemeni Jewish friend.

• And you don't hate jews ? Oh please that's always the excuse

• 1 decade ago

Scaredys filled in the blanks in your statements which made your statements false.

Are you aware that you're sold a view & "facts" that leave out such critical data? A war is aimed at Israel & what you have is the PR & propaganda for the verbal part of that war. That's what happens in every war. However, at this point, to get to peace it would help if you considered the fuller picture. Telling lies about Israel even if just repeating them, only keeps everyone stuck.

For instance:

Well, scaredys gave a great set of details - check it out.

As for your having friends - a classic line during civil rights was "I'm not prejudice, I have black friends" was turned into a "saying" of how denial can happen. You can still be prejudice & they can be not wanting to say anything or not realizing it fully. I'm not saying you are. Your comments don't indicate you are - only that you've been sold some war PR & don't realize that's what it is. A side note though - a lot of the PR & especially the propoganda tends to include antisemitic concepts or come from people who are antisemitic or who interpret within their own culture so they misinterpret things. This is why you may not be, but when repeating stuff from people who are, you might get told you are being that way. Gets tricky to explain.

One example - Judaism isn't expanionist. Islam is. However, Jews were falsely accused of being expansionist by antisemites in Europe for centuries (while locking them in ghettos). One the major sources of this false claim was the faked book Protocol of the Edlers (it's total rubbish based on an old French novel that never mentions Jews). Any source that claims it's truth or claims Jews want to expand, is a poor source. Whether they are directly antisemitic, or they are believing prior antisemitism, or they just want to say things to make Israel look bad, or they believe it because it's part of their own concepts to be expansionist -- they aren't going to be able to know truth or give you accurate info.

So any source telling you Jews are restricting anyone from Jerusalem for religous reasons & not security is poor. Syria won't let it's people go into Israel & return to Syria. Lebanon has no "relations" with Israel by their choice so their people aren't allowed by them to come into Israel & go back freely. Israel took Jerusalem because it was supposed to be an international city, but Jordan took it militarily in '48. As Muslims they wouldn't let anyone else worship there & evicted many a Jew & Christian & descecrated the holy places of each (such as using tombstones from Mt of Olives, the oldest Jewish cemetury) to build latrines (outhouse bathrooms) & to pave roads.

Each side has it's points to make, & some valid, some not, but does that help explain some things?

• Leisha
    Lv 4
    4 years ago

I hated reading in school because they told us what books to read. I don't hate reading as much, now that I get to decide the books I want to read. I also hated reading out loud and hated my world history class because the teacher never gave a lecture, just sat behind her desk and told us to read out of the textbook. I sucked at reading so I mostly just skipped my reading assignments, use online quick notes and book reports, or just found loopholes around the system.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

you know being muslim we are taught to love and to project peace on to the world. In the case of isreal and the jews they make it hard for anyone to like them. Im lebanese muslima and i dont want to say anything extreme but why should they deny the rights of us muslims in jerusalem. Why should they have to want an embassy in lebanon and want to control everything they want to control. They call themseleves the chosen people like if someone wants to convert to their religion go see how hard they make it on people they are arrogant im not specifying i am talking in a general sense. God knows there are other people of many cultures including ours that arent good people. But its a fact of politics that they hate us and so does the rest of the world. Inshallah Allah will bring peace and an end to this world soon and the truth will be shown to everyone may god have mercy on us all

• & across the Middle East. You are nothing but a bunch of animals who think it's okay to behead people for being American or not Muslim. Sure u were taught to love to the world , and if for some reason your racist with the only one group then oh well deal with it bc we're all human

• Anonymous
    5 years ago

I hate Israel and it's because of gaza or whatever and what they've done ((in your description)) **** Israel -.-// they're killing children! Gah

• “We totally disapprove of the initiative aiming at the creation of a Jewish State”

Rabbi Isaac Meyer Wise (1819-1900)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Isaac_Mayer_Wise

• 1 decade ago

1. No, because the land was sparsely populated and left room for growth, and Sephardic Jewish communities lived on it longer than anyone. Arabs fled the land upon instruction by the seven invading Arab Armies in 1948, to facilitate their genocide of the Jewish population. Those that remained were made citizens of Israel. It was the Israelis who agreeed to the Partition Plan, the Israelis who honored it. It was the Arabs who chose genocide...and lost.

2. Buildings are targeted if they are used to launch attacks on civilians from inside them. They are bombed if they are used to store weapons. Israel drops thousands of warning letters, calls, and gives radio warnings before initiating an attack on civilian centers used for terrorists. Perhaps your issue should be with those who use "churches and mosques...christian schools, and villiages" to launch attacks on Israeli civilian buildings.

3. They do own Jerusalem. It is the Jewish Capital. It has been since 1967, when the Arabs once again tried to perpetrate a genocide of Israel's peoples. The events that led to the Jewish ownership of Jersalem are as follows: Under the Partition, Jerusalem was a UN-administered city severed from other Jewish populations. The Jews did not like this plan, but agreed to it. The Arabs did not, and invaded in 1948, fully intending to carry out a genocide on the population of the new Jewish state. The Arabs were beaten soundly, and driven back, so that Israel occupied a portion of Jerusalem. In 1967, the Arabs attempted to initiate another genocide on the Israeli population. Israel told the King of Jordan that they would not touch his kingdom if he did not invade. He did anyway, shelling civilian populations. A cease-fire was agreed upon. He violated that ceasefire. Then, and only then, Israel captured the West Bank, unifying Jerusalem.

After that, the Arabs hardly deserve a claim to the city, politcally, ethically, or otherwise. And yet, Israeli Arabs are allowed to live in Jerusalem.

4. Those who do spit on Arabs, if found, are prosecuted by the State. You lie when you say that the police do nothing about it.

5. Replacement Theology---the Spanish Inquisitors loved it, too. As did the Crusaders. Israel will accept the Messiah--when he comes. Why are you pulling religion into what you said was a political issue? Are you basically telling evangelicals to exchange one belief system for another, simply because the other one suits your political aims?

6. And Mizrahim are not allowed back into their lands. Israel does not owe 'rights of return' to those who voluntarily fled in 1948.

7. Israel is doing no such thing. Jewish citizens of Israel do not want a theocracy; and non-Jewish citizens of Israel do not want a theocracy. 30% of all Israeli citizens are non-Jewish. Jordan, Egypt, Libya, Syria, Yemen, and several other nations drove out their Jewish populations. Israel has an impressive secular government. Non-Jewish Israelis sit on Knesset. Please refer to the 20 year period you discuss so I can address it more fully.

If you do not hate Jews, then why do you lie about them? I am also interested in knowing where your "Jewish friends" came from...Jordan has a Jewish population of...oh, about 0. Since she ethnically cleansed herself of all her Jews, and it is illegal for Jews to live in Jordan, and all. Sort of facist, but who am I to dictate the domestic policy of another country?

Peace

• Corey
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

I think you have legitimate reasons to be angry at Israel and Israeli policy. I suspect Hate may get in the way of making the best of an atrocious situation.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.